Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Switching from BPM Studio

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have all my music arranged by genre and then by year on an external hard drive.

In BPM Studio, I have this same structure in the music folders. So I have:
Pop
Pop 70s
Pop 80s
Pop 90s
Pop 00s

Rock
Rock 70s
...and so on

This helps me to scan for songs visually by genre and year, or I can do a global search if I know the name of the song I'm wanting.

Also - when scanning a folder for updates, I can do just those that I have added to (like the year 2000 folders in each genre).

Is this possible in VDJ, and how?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 8:16 am
djtommye,
welcome at the VDJ forum

If you created folders on your harddrive it is quite easy: Just browse for the root folder and create a "favourite" in VDJ. When you create a favourite, this favourite will be displayed in the root of the vdj browser. Then in this browser you could use it the same way as in bpm.

Searching is also easy (one of the best parts of VDJ in my opinion). Just select the local database and fill in the artis, title, comment or parts of it using wildcards like * and so on. You could even search for "pop 70s" (according to your example), to get all the songs in the Pop 70s folder.

Updating your music library could be done within VDJ: Click with the right button on "Local database" select "Scan HD", Select the drives you would like to scan and click search. This is very fast, so you don't have to update folder for folder like in BPM ;-) If you don't update your library, the search will not find the new songs, but if you browse in the VDJ explorer, you will find all the songs.
Ewout

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)