Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 shortcuts XML - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello Professional Virtual DJs
I'm asking to all users if someone made the XML midi shortcuts for the new Behringer BCD2000 controller.
I'm receiving it next week and if someone has it, he's pleased to share it!
Thanks in advance
Cioce DJ

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 10:05 pm
Is this really coming out ??? Seems like another one bites the dust....

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 11:34 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
It's already out. Some people already got theirs.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 12:26 am
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I need the XML too. I got the BCD2000 and I want VDJ to work. The problem is, I'm no expert with midi. HELP!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 8:00 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jepuy, why would you want the XML for VDJ if you own the DJC version (1.09) which is restricted to work only with the console ??

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 9:25 am
Hello jepuy
If you want to "map" the new BCD2000 it's necessary the FULL version of Virtual DJ, not the 1.09 Console edition.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 11:41 am
Today, I just receive a confirmation. It'll be send out tomorrow hopefully.
I will try to play with it a little

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:48 pm
How does the BCD2000 "scratch wheels"/dials assign to VDJ?

I believe they do not, such dials are usually custom MIDI messages.. There are different ways to present like 0...127 MIDI CC and such. And when you have "endless dial".. 0...127 is not endless. This is why the endless dials on my Novation control do not work with pretty much any program out there.. Including VDJ!

My GUESS is that VDJ needs a modification in code before it works properly.

But when you get this please inform if I was right / wrong!

VDJ NEEDS PROPER MIDI CONFIGURATION!!! Live and Reason have pretty good ones.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:18 pm
If you can edit the controller's MIDI messages so that left/right movements are sent on different CC numbers, the jogwheel will work with VDJ (I did this with the DAC-3 MIDI mapper prior to native support), but if the controller's MIDI driver doesn't allow customisation, you will probably only be able to move in one direction with the jogwheel.

By default, most controllers will usually send different values (0 = Left, 127 = Right) on the same CC number for the jogwheels, whch will not work with VDJ. Hopefully MIDI in VDJ will be updated at some point to support this.

Another thing to watch out for is buttons that are transmitted as note numbers. VDJ doesn't currently distinguish between these and CC numbers, so you will probably find there are conflicts between buttons and knobs/sliders on the controller with the same note/CC number. I had to renumber these so they were unique in the DAC-3 MIDI mapper.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 7:20 pm
I picked up the BCD2000 from my supplier yesterday. After playing around manually assigning the MIDI no's to the functions for over 6hrs I finally gave up. I could not find any way to get the LED's to light on the BCD2000 in conjunction with the MIDI commands. As stated before, it is not possible to assign the cue/jog/scratch wheel to any function as they used incremental MIDI values (+1, -1, etc.). The pitch MIDI control was backwards. Master volume is not assignable. PFL mix control is not assignable, etc. I did get some of the more basic functions to work....and they seemed to work pretty well (when VDJ didn't lock up).

After turning on the 'advanced' setting in the BCD2000 driver (supposedly to turn on LED control), I found that you had to hit each button twice to turn the LED on/off. The quality of the unit is average (it is Behringer after all), and that is what I expected. One major flaw that I found is that VDJ just stops playing randomly when you have this unit hooked up. This could be due to an incorrect MIDI assignment, but I do not believe so.

I did load the DJ software that came with the unit (B-DJ) just to see if all of the functions worked as advertised. I found the latency to be negligible (on the lowest ASIO setting), however the sound quality was terrible about 50% of the time. Not sure what was happening there and I didn't really care anyhow. The scratch function was OK. Wheel is a little small and the sensitivity is not that great. Certainly better than using the mouse! Havn't tried the 'talkover' mic function yet. Not going to do too much more with this until there is some stability with the BCD2000 and VDJ (hopefully soon?). ;-)

My 2 cents....this unit is very new to the marketplace and the VDJ dev team will have to decide whether or not they are going to provide native support for the BCD2000. I hope so, because if we can work through the quirky issues, I believe that this could be a good low cost option.

Posted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 10:09 pm
I do not think the "native support" for every piece of kit that comes out is a very good idea. There should be a way to easily customize the MIDI functionality and the messages sent back and forth without having to beg for support every time new gear comes out. These type of MIDI DJ controllers are popping up like crazy now and the only sensible thing to do is make it easy for the VDJ developer community to add new support and then have some XML config for users to customize sensitivity etc further.

That "Advanced" thing in BCD2000 is actually "simple mode". It means that the LEDs work based on presses on the unit and this means they can go into wrong state easily. The "native mode" uses proprietary messages to turn the leds on/off. VDJ would need some kind of events for which those led on/off messages could be attached to or something ...

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 10:12 pm
I recieved my Behringer a couple of days ago and tried to get it to work with the key shortcuts (as I understand this is the only way to do it). I had trouble getting the pitch sliders to work as well as the volume, jog wheels and eq dials. Some of the buttons I got to work, but few.

I tried the Bome's midi translator but I guess I didn't get it to work with the key shortcuts either. It didn't work for me; It was too complicated.

Anyway, I did some research (lots of googling) and found a forum for another DJ program called Traktor (30 day trial). I don't like it as much as VDJ nor Atomix, but I tested it only because they had a forum just for the Behringer BCD-2000 and how to set it up. I followed all instructions and had the Behringer work perfectly with the Traktor software.

They used Bome's midi translator and midi yoke together to make it work (along with mapping the midi code). It seems to me that it's 'do-able' with VDJ too.

Anyway if you want to do some reading, here it is (the forum that is)...
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_us/showthread.php?t=34513

I hope this helps perhaps someone who knows much better at how this midi stuff can be adapted to work with VDJ.

BC

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 4:37 am
If someone have the XML midi shortcuts for the BCD2000 please share!!!
Use this free web hosting http://up-file.com/
Thanks in advance
Cioce DJ

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 3:19 pm
If someone sends me a BCD2000 I can create the XML and share it.
LOL :)

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 3:13 pm
It probably needs more than a XML file

It got lights and more, that might need a plugin DLL file, or native support ;)¨

But Dev Team is looking it to it, and there will be an annoncement soon :)

Posted Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:26 pm
I got a BCD 2000 since yesterday night. I've installed the driver & BCD Software. It work fine.
I've set an external Midi control in setting panel (remote control) in VDJ
I started to configure midi shortcuts with Add command for VDJ.
It's working fine: cross fader, start_pause button, eq's, eq's kill, level.
I have problem with the Pitch faders. It looks like BCD 2000 is inversing the control messages: when you put the fader up it put it down on vdj.
There is no gain faders on the BCD.
I've set the sound card configuration to support BCD 2000 system thru advanced option in order to have the PFL on the BCD.
Now when i'm playing after several seconds (15 to 50), either the track is stopping or slowing down. I've seen that the BCD has ASIO sound driver... It looks to have a non ASIO driver, but
it slow down VDJ.
I suspect to have a real problem here.
I continue to investigate, I let you informed on my progresses.

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 12:46 pm
have yoy got any new about bcd´s 2000 picht?????
thanks

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:57 pm
There are a lot of people crying out for BCD2000 support at the moment.

I have Tested Visual discomix (appaling) and DJ decks (ok but not stunning) because they are trying to push their software on the XYLIO forums.

But i had a play with virtual DJ 3 a while back and love it it does what we want all we need now is support for the BCD2000, i have tried using midi maps etc but its too much of a headache.

If you provide native supportfor the bcd200 i predict sales of V-DJ will go up quite a lot

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 9:44 am
Now the BCD 2000 which is borrowed to me is working enough to play at a party (imho).
My config:
Laptop IBM Thinkpad T30 with 1Go Ram - Pentium 4M 1.8Ghz
Win XP SP2
2 x USB 1.1 port (1 used for BCD 2000 Connexion)
All Lan adapter are disabled when i connect the BCD
1 USB 2.0 Port used for my Hercules Sound card (cannot have the BCD working on this USB port).
Most of function are OK except prelistening. If I defined all sound card connectivity (Master for Deck 1 & 2, Headphone, ...) on the BCD, my usb 1.1 slow down. I suspect it 's too much busy with 2 streams.
I use the hercules card (or integrated sound circuit) for prelistening.
The pitch is still inversed.
The scratch works only for forward direction.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:30 am

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 2:55 pm
18%