Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hdx or xp10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what is the better choice for vdj hdx or xp10

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 2:33 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No1 has the hdx yet but on the face of it... it looks pretty good. You can buy my xp10's if you like :)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 5:04 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
::cough:: ehe, if you're serious, i'll buy em! lol

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 5:20 am
but does anybody know if it is compatible with vdj the way the xp10 is, and how much does the hdx cost

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:17 am
$ 1800 retail O_O
but it's fantastic.... thinking 2 take one

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 2:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Timecode mode works differently than a controller.
If you want my opinion don't pay that much for an advanced cd player unless you really need something like cdx, means you still use audio cd's.
Timecode control is basic and always require the timecode to play for any changes in the software, so you can't do nothing "offline", also all advanced dsp functions will be ignored.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:32 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the HDX and XP 10 are totaly different things, With the HDX tho you can use the buttons as midi controllers so it gives you a liiittllleee more functionality. XP 10 is a tiny fraction of the cost. wait for news on the XJ 10

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Next generation of XP10 would be almost the same as hdx ;)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:25 pm
when used with VDJ it will be the best solution there is. There is nothing missing

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 9:52 pm
DJ Xeo, you forgot to mention which of the two options you are referring to.
What is best for you depends on your needs.

The hdx looks nice, you could play cds and songs from the internal harddrive, but they are quite large, heavy and expensive. On the other hand is playing from the hardrive useless (in my opinion) in combination with VDJ.

The xp10s are small, cheaper and a real contrroller instead of timecode, but looks less impressive, buttons are less in quality (only what I heard).

If you have some time, you could wait a little to more information is available from Numark or the next version of the xp10.
Ewout

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 10:44 pm
VDJ 4.0 and XJ10s, video, moving platter, effects, a RAID array of music. beat that.

Using HDXs just for VDJ would be overkill. If anything HDXs are hardware equivilents of VDJ not realy tools for it.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 11:07 pm
they are going to weigh a ton
EDIT: The HDXs that is:P

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 11:08 pm
true.... Get XP10 or regular turntables with timecode vinyl, if you are gonna use it with VDJ.

HDX would be over-kill :)

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 11:13 pm
so i think i should go with the xp but dj xeo you just put xj10 is thet a new type or what and who knows when is vdj 4.0 coming out

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 1:14 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:33 am

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)