Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Digital noise when scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
OK, I had to reformat my laptop prior to formatting I did not have any issues when scracthing using my dennon 3500's, How ever now when I do it I get some major digital effects. I have p4 2.8ghz with 1 gig of memory and all my music comes off other hard drive, not the one with the os. This helps response time. So any suggestions on what is causing the problem? I have tried changing 33-45 rpm, cd to vinyl and no luck.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:00 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if its very digital and it was not before, i think you might have to look at a buffer in the ASIO options, not sure what card your using, but it sounds like the buffer is set too high or too low.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm
listen 2, I will check that out and see what it is set at. I am using the EMU 1616M which is an awesome sound card (PCMCIA) so with all my equipment, I should not have any issues with sound quality. Any suggestions on what my buffer settings should be?

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:26 pm
OK dumb question, but where can I find the latency setting? I have looked under my sound card application (emu1616m) and also in vdj and cant find it. I do know that before when I had final scratch that I was able to find it.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:39 pm
just curious ...
is the "master tempo" option on your cd players off ?
they are still working on this ...

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 10:43 pm
OK, I found it, it was set at 50, changed it to 2 or 4 sounds lot better. I also changed the setting to cd vs vinyl and seems to work better.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 11:00 pm
matt> I dont have that option to turn them off on cd players. I have the 2 dennon 3500's. I have the pitch set to 0. I do think alot of my problem was the latency. I dont know why it was set for 50, but the emu1616m says it can do 0. I would be curious to see how others with the dennon 3500's have vdj setup. I also have the cler nuo4 that I am going to mess with the midi, but want to wait until I get the sound issue resolved. It sounds like version 4 should be out anyday...cant wait.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 11:03 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
good you found it and it worked out

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 11:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)