Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Key Controller ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I do karaoke a few nights a week and am in need of a key controller(Musicians call it a "pitch Shifter") plugin. I tried the one that is available in this forum but it very basic and I find that you have to go through too many steps to use it but my biggest problem is that I always forget to turn it off after using for the next singer.

I modified the skin to have an "on/off" button(which changes color) always in view. You can see it on the left side of the picture. It works great... but. As a host I need something a little quicker to change the key(pitch) meaning having to go up/down semitone by semitone is timely so I added, for lack of a better word, some "direct access" buttons under the pannels(which is only there as an example. I would have to create a seperate pannel to make it really work). In all my years of doing karaoke(18 yrs) I never needed to go lower than -3 so I designed it with -4/+4 buttons plus a reset to 0.

The advantage to having the key controller on a pannel is you don't have to change from your music database to the FX and then back again.

Notice that I have only added an on/off button to the left deck. The reason is because I only use the left deck to playback my karaoke songs. I use the right deck to play my background music when I am speaking and waiting for the next sing to arrive on stage. So you don't really need the key changer visible on the right deck. If I really needed to have key control I can use the basic one that's available.

Where am I going with this?

I am looking for someone that can create/modify a plugin code where we can actually use those buttons without modifying VDJ(illegal). I am very new to VDJ and know little about coding. I understand how to create skins but that's about it... I am not sure if you can link buttons to plugins?

Is it possible to do? or will VDJ have something similar in the next version/update?

Please visit my Blog to see the picture @ http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/funkmasterfrank/

Peace out,
Funkmasterfrank
Montreal

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 4:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)