Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for DJs using VDJ in New York

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, We are a party promotion group in New York. We host parties at clubs such as Discotheque, Duvet, Roxy, Spirit, Supper Club, T New York (formerly Temple), etc. We are looking for DJs using VDJ in the New York area. Currently we want hip hop DJs, but eletronic DJs positions will be available in the near future as well. Basically we will feature 1-2 DJs at every party. This is a non-paying gig, so it's good for aspiring DJs who want to build up their resume. This is a good opportunity to DJ at large clubs that are normally reserved for big time DJs only. However, if you are really good DJing at our party, we may consider hiring you as one of our "resident" DJs. Our requirement is that your DJ skills must be tight. Interested DJs please drop me a message and if you have a demo of your mix, let us know where we can listen to it. Also include a picture of yourself and a simple description of yourself and what type of music you do, what hav you in the past. Thanks!
Jas

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 7:44 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Do you consider doing the same in France in a near future?? :)

Anyway that's nice for promoting DJs using VDJ.

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 6:56 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
4.0 may get it some respect. At the moment people seem to think of VDJ as a toy. Every time i tell people i use VDJ they laugh (DJs that is, punters just say, wow well ill tell my DJ mate about it) shows what prejudice does. I dont think you can get a better all round DJ software. As soon as VV (Virtual Vinyl) starts getting popular and you tell them what its based on people will think differently.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:19 pm
i'm a vdj user from allentown pa i spin house and trance i go to crobar and spirit all the time. I would love to be one of the vdj represting in nyc been using since version v2.0 . I've been in the dance scene since 1989. Now been djing for 2yrs mainly online shows and a couple of raves. but am tring to get into club scene but hard with vdj everyone is skeptical but i have just as good as skills i here in crobar and spirit on a regular. I can send you a demo I am also a fedex manager can ship anything overnight .

DJ Mile High Boy

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:26 pm
lej78480, if i move to europe i would do the same for sure.
personally i love vdj. i hav tried FS and SL, they are just not as feature rich and hard to use. there are a lot of skeptics out there just because vdj is not backed by a big name company, but once they see vdj in action, they think differently. that's one of the reasons we want to get more vdj djs out there spinning. earlier versions of vdj did require alot of tweaking of sounds, at least for me, but recent updates prove to be working great just turning the system on. looking forward to the release of 4.0. dj xeo, so Virtual Vinyl from Numark is based on vdj?? that's great news! djmilehighboy, glad that u r interested. if you have demo mp3 file already, let me know, i can have ftp setup for you to upload it.
Jas

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:54 pm
i have serval freestyle recordings no real demo I can record one I only got gigs my giving people my freestylle mixes some my never ones my have mistake becuase of recording error or programmer error but can upload a few and give it a shot i've had some great response and want to take it to the next level!!!!

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:37 am
ouch ! NYC ? well i'm in philly ! is there anything guys we can do here too ? I would love to but I have class at the same time , so NYC is litlle hard for me to reach ! oh God ! :S:S:S:S:S !
But I thought about this a little while ago, here on campus of the University of penn , there are a lot of things we can do to promote VDj. In front of the UPENN bookstore there are many show made there: cars, groups singing,etc. It would be freakin cool if we could meet and do somthin there. We can even have flyer to promote our radio ! campus very important place ! that's where people listen to music the most ! for clubs I would love to help but I don't know many people. If there anyone who wants to do somethin in the city of philadelphia contact me ! guys that a great idea ! good job ! i'm sad that NY is out reach for me ! :(

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:04 am
if you ever come a little further south i'm in!!.. i love it.. (no can do on the hip hop though) works great in and out of the club.. i actualy have two set ups.. one on my desktop for home broadcast and a laptop for the clubs.. and i have even taken the technology one step further.. with the invention of the i-pod i keep all my music on a 60 gig i-pod (like an external hard drive only you can listen to the music on the i-pod in your car.. in the gym.. on the beach etc.) and use it on both set ups.. this way i dont have to sychronize the desktop to the laptop.. just plug it in and play..
i even have music you could listen to as a demo .. www.mixdepot.net/capitalt/goofingoff33 Hope it works out for you guys.. T

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 9:36 am
djmilehighboy, will let u know when ftp is ready.
djangels, keep spinning, maybe we'll be down there one day. or when u visit ny, holla at me.
mcqiver73, i like ur setup, was thinking the same, glad to hear someone already doing it. gotta get a bigger ipod tho, got the old 20gb.
jas

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 9:32 pm
any other VirtualDJ users spinning hiphop who are interested?
jas

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:11 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jas,

Sounds like a fun idea. I am on LI and booked solid for the weekends at clubs and parties out here. Are any of these gigs during the week?
I don't specialize in hip hop, more dance, trance, house, party music, etc. but always willing to adapt to a particular crowd.

-Frd

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 3:13 pm
If u plan on doing Miami, let me know.

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 6:29 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Miami the city where the heat is on, all night, on the beach til the break of dawn

Posted Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:49 am
@frd1963 currently our parties are fri and sat, but we are looking into weekday nights in the future as well. will let u know when it happens. hiphop is our crowds preferred music at this time.
jas

Posted Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 9:29 am
We are constantly looking for DJs, so feel free to send it to VDJs you know that might be interested.
jas

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 4:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)