Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: buying XP10?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey they don't have any remote control(xp10) for sale on this site. i was looking but guess u can't buy them.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:22 pm
The VDJ XP10 are sold out at the moment. I dont know if a new batch will become available.

Please contact e-service (http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/). They could tell what the best option is to get xp10s or another solution.
Ewout

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 3:32 pm
My only problem with the xp10s are the button quality. On one of my xp10's both the cue and play buttons broke on one side. The first one broke and I said "wierd the button broke". Then the second one broke and I've started thinking its a quality problem. The one mitigating factor is that both broke on one xp10, maybe indicating a single flawed xp10 instead of a general problem.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 4:14 pm
How old are those xp10s? Also contact e-service (link see above). If their just a couple of months old they might fall into a service agreement.
Ewout

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:53 pm
I'll try that

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 7:20 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The same problem happened to me. XP10 quality sucks. My set is for sale at the mo, bring on numark!

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 11:04 pm
is there remote control for virtual that is made by numark?
I was looking to buy 1 xp10
can anyone provide me with details

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 8:23 pm
Numark introduced new gear at the musikmesse. More information could be found here:
http://www.numark.com

This gear is not yet available. Because they are prototypes it is not known yet of these players will be compatible with VDJ. If this information is available the VDJ team will supply this information here on the website.
Ewout

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:01 pm
>> My only problem with the xp10s are the button quality.

I know what you're talking about but the button quality of XP10s is just fine. The problem is people with what I call "hammer hands." They've not realized that a simple press of the button is all it takes to make it go. Instead, right about the time they want the track to start, they slam the button with their finger. It's abusive and inaccurate. People who do not develop an appropriate touch will not be able to drop a beat on time, and in time they will break the buttons on even their top of the line CD player.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:25 pm
One of the problems I found with XP10's is the buttons are quite stiff to press compared to those found on most CD players and those on the DAC-3. I missed coming in at the right point quite a few times when I first had them due to pressing the buttons too softly!

The trouble with the stiff buttons is you have to press them much harder than neccessary to ensure a response, increasing wear on them and making them more likely to break.

The XP10 would have been much better if it had been designed with rubber buttons similar to the DAC-3 and most CD players.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)