Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: playlists

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ummjayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
is there any way to make a playlist? I'm having a hard time doing it. Is there some type of tutorial of some sort? How do you do it? Thanks. -J

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 7:39 pm
what is the problem that you are facing? actually is pretty straight-forward to do the playlists....

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 7:40 pm
Creating playlist is very simple:

Drag songs from the browser within VDJ to the playlist. If all the songs you would like to have in the playlist are added, just click on the "Save playlist" button (looks like a floppydisk). Then Give a proper and clear name and a location -> Done

You could open your playlist later on, by dragging the m3u file into the playlist window. The songs will expand if you double click on the playlist as shown up in the playlist window.

You could also create playlists within Winamp, or Media player is you like and open them in VDJ.
Ewout

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 7:52 pm
ummjayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i've created playlists in winamp and imported them into virtual dj. I can see the songs, but it says error when I try and play the songs. Why is this happening?

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 3:52 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can't answer why that happens, but why not try like Superstom said. Works very well

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 6:02 pm
ummjay,
I had the same trouble as you describe. The problem is that winamp is using a different path description than VDJ. You could solve it doing the following:
- You have already a playlist created in Winamp
- Make a copy of this playlist for backup purpose
- Create a small playlist in VDJ with just a couple of songs. Save this playlist.
- Open both the VDJ and the Winamp playlist in notepad.
- You will see that the VDJ path is starting with the drive letter like C: The winamp playlist does not
- Add the proper drive letter to the winamp playlist file. This could easily been done with the replace option (if help is needed just post)

This is easy if all your songs are located at 1 hard drive partition like D:

Currently I do not use playlists, but folders with shortcuts. For me this is working better and faster.
Ewout

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)