Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Visual FX Please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I don’t mean to be rude but looking at the visual FX in Winamp and comparing them to The Visuals in virtual dj . . . Winamp is years ahead !
Winamp uses the .AVS files and they are plentiful, why is VDJ so behind?
I love the ability to show visuals along side MP3’s,
The .SVP effects available are ok but know where near the standard of the .AVS visuals available in winamp.
I don’t know the technical side of Visual FX and how it would affect the mp3 player side of things but if it were possible could VDJ use .AVS visuals ??

VDJ is a great piece of software, is it possible to have the ‘icing on the cake’ and have amazing visuals such as the .AVS files that winamp uses ??
Many thanks,

Posted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 1:22 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
use winamp then
activate your chosen visual plugin and then go to load and type in ::line in
the line in will then be loaded and all vis will react like normal.
it blatently isnt '::line in' but its something like that i cant remember rite now, google it. or use R4 that uses line in by default and has loads more options than a DJ program would ever have

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 12:17 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would also like the visual plugins to be a bit better or the introduction of AVS. Using winamp or any other visual programs is not option for me because I am scratching videos with my left deck and nothing on the right so the visuals overlay on top.
It looks good for the moment, but there is only 20 visuals that I like. And it's a shame to see the same ones over and over.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 2:31 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If I was skilled in DirectX 9.0, I would interface visual plugins with Winamp plugins... I have already looked their source code, but there are some Direct3D 9 initializations I have to do, and some other things I'm not skilled in enough. Maybe someone could make a wrapper... Cel are you hearing? You're more skilled than me in APIs and such things!

PS: My favourite is Milkdrop, because it's more optimised, even if newer AVS scripts look better sometimes...

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:10 am
Do you mean interface with the visual plugins (sonique plugins) or the video effetcs?
because there's no sdk available on the site for the visuals. And some sonique visuals do not work in VDJ (mainly ones that require images and have special options.).
BTW, I was a bit gutted to not be able to play my prefered visual I use to play in sonique which is called spec'n'hopp (made by CoR).
I found a source code though for one of CoR sonique visuals:
http://opensource.free.vovoid.com/view.e?category=bXVzaWMgdmlzdWFscw==&name=Y29zbWljX3dhdmU=
maybe we could do something with this.
I'm also a programmer, not really in DirectX, but I 'm willing to give it a go if I know where to look and if it's feasible of course.

Posted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:59 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I mean Visual Plugins. There's a SDK somewhere, I don't remember where. If you find visual plugins, there must be a SDK somewhere... Don't care if you aren't rated as Experienced user, because if you're skilled enough, I think you MUST have sources... and because Experienced usere may don't know anything about programming... this is just my thought.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 2:20 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
If a Professional Edition User can prove to a teamer that he can program plugins for VDJ and that he needs plugin sourcecodes, the team will give him sourcecodes.

For more information, go to the plugin forum.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 1:45 pm
Well I've made the latest transition called Scratchfade (which was really easy I admit). But I would'nt mind being an experienced user to be able to access source code.

I did not see a sdk for the visual plugins though. Am I missing something?

Posted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:32 pm

Posted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:37 pm
Yes I was talking about visuals. So nobody has got a copy of sonique's SDK in the attic?

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:23 am
I looked on internet for the Sonique SDK and didn't find it :/

So i Asked the Virtual DJ's Dev-team if they still had a copy of the SDK on one of their computers and i'm hoping you will get an answer soon.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)