Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have scanned my music using mixmiester, however I dont see an option to show the bPM in virtual dj. I would like to sort my music via bpm.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 9:41 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to scan the music in VDJ and not in mixmeister. Then you can sort by BPM.

Posted Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 11:56 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
now I have heard alot of people complain about VDJ Scanning, that the bpm is off. I have done research and sounds like mixmiesters is the best around. So VDJ cant read the ID tags on the mp3's after mixmiester has scanned the songs?

Posted Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 2:53 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use mixmiester also instead of vdj but you still have to scan your folders in vdj in order for the BPM to show up. Just click on ->Local Database ->Scan HD -> but DON'T SELECT the ->"Analyze BPM on each file" option else it will scan the folders using the vdj BPM scan method and overwrite your mixmeister BPM's.
Then u should be able to sort by BPM's

Posted Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 9:13 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Mix meister does give accurate BPM but only because it doesnt do it as thourougly. Vdj knows phase, is measure and phrase aware and BPM. Mixmiester only works out BPM and so it is easier to do.

I would like a way to do a whole load of different things in the browser, alot of people do. Showing specific ID3 tag vales in in their own line would be good

Posted Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 9:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)