Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJControl MP3 Headphone usage

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

flx54Home userMember since 2006
Hi out there,

im new to this place and would like to introduce myself:

Im everything but a dj but sometimes friends of me and myself have the honour to entertain people with some music. So we´re playing music for an audience of up to 100 and therefore i decided to go a bit deeper into this stuff.

Ok here´s the point:
I bought the DJ Control MP3 thingie and i am quite satisfied with it, BUT, some things disturb me and i would like to ask you some things after searching around in this forum for a while (which is indeed a bit slow, dont you think?)

- i connected the headphones to my 6.1 asus on board soundcard. it works fine. now i press the headphone button on the console and i can listen to what i play in the relevant deck. unfortunately i need to have the finger on that button all the time AND the volume slider all the way back (means at zero) so that i can prelisten the track without hearing it on the speakers. WHY? What sense does this make? Getting fingertroubles here. Any chance to change that?

- i think about upgrading to pro version but before spending 90eur on that i would first like to now if it changes anything or whether its not a bug but a feature ;)

cya

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 8:48 pm
I think you can double-click on the headphone button to fix it.

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 11:42 pm
hm... nope, unfortunately i cant. if you mean to double press the button on the console twice, it doesnt help. even if im really quick, i just turn it on and off again

any other ideas?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 12:47 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He meant to double click the headphone icon in the VDJ Skin.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 12:58 am
THX for your answers -+-

anyway, im using the version which came with the dj control mp3. i updated it to its newest version but i am afraid, that i just dont have what you mention. heared about an advanced skin and the pro verion being much different... but in the end i would like to know whether theres a solution to what i have instead of buying or upgrading (and paying)
i dont see any headphone knob on my skin. i tried the djc skin and the default 1024 skin. no headphone image/button found. :(
what next?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 1:15 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
flx54, Sorry for our lack of detail.

The "headphone button" as we called it is the number (in the square) above the Volume slider in the Default skin, on the left Deck you have 1 and right deck 2, click on which ever deck you'd like to listen to in the headphone and it should work.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 1:20 am
hi, no reason for apologies ;)
ok, i can press the number on the deck. the tooltip tells me (translated): "headphone and active shortcuts.(in brackets: tabulator) but actually nothing happens. neither in combination with the button on the console. i only can change the active deck. thats all. i also can change the active deck by pressing the headphone button on the console. thats interesting. eg. the deck which i want to hear on the headphones is automatically the default one, the moment i press the headphone button. but in regards to the software, the button (number of active/default deck) does no thing but changing the active deck. no difference at all on the headphones although it should do something according to its tooltip when i move the mouse cursor over it.

The only way being able to listen to the sound in my headphones is to keep the button on the console pressed. i dont think that i connected something wrong because in that case ishouldnt be hearing anything through the headphones. Anyway i also would like to ask whether it is normal that if i increase the volume on the deck which i am monitoring sound comes out on the headphones but also n the speakers???

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:08 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
flx54,

The only way to don't have a finger in the headphone button in the console is getting the full version. This is one of the things that are a limitation in the Home version. Sorry the only chance to get rid of this issue is upgrading your current version.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 8:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)