Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When changing the bpms, the songs jump alot...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AlarickPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why is that?

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 2:41 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
How Much RAM do you have?

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 11:43 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It could also be the timestretch alogrythm. Make sure it's turned off under config > fame settings > timestretch.

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 12:33 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
*cant wait for 4.0* :)

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 10:25 pm
I have 504 mb of ram

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 6:49 am
What you advised me about the timestrectch alogrythm worked. Thanks guys!!!

Posted Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 8:51 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

The algorythm works, but I have 1.5GB of RAM and a 3.2GHz processor for example. If you disable time stretch you leave more resources to VDJ.

You can also change Reactivity=Medium to fix your problem. If that works too, then your PC not have enough resources to play your songs.

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 7:31 am
acw_dj, it's not the problem of actual skipping due to low resources (in this case at least). It's very common that users say "jump" or "skip" when they hear the low-quality strech of sound, which can be quite noticable as kick loosing punch at some points. It actually does skip (that's the way the timestretch works), but on much smaller still noticable scale depending on % of bpm changed.

But of course we're all looking forward to hear and experience the new sound engine & timestretch in version 4.

Regards.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 1:41 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
erxon,

I take a note on that then, thanks for the input. But Timestrech use System resources in order to work and if your system isn't powerful enough, you will experience skipping problems.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:27 pm
acw_dj,

true, but in my experience it does not use that much of resources. I had no problems running it on my previous computer which had 1ghz & 384 RAM (didn't try the 3.2 versions and higher on it though).

Glad to help if possible :)

Regards.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:59 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, I leave my timestretch switched off, mainly because I'm paranoid about it taking too many system resources, especially if I want to run two screens and play videos as well!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 7:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)