Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Idea for video mixing without crossfader...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I had this idea for video mixing, but i'm not sure how to do it.

I want the video crossfader to move to the middle when i press play and then move to the opposite side when i press cue on the deck that has just finished playing.

It would be even better if the crossfader could move slowly to the centre and to the other side, but i guess that would be harder to do!

Anybody know how i can do that?

By the way, i've got a hercules mp3 control at the moment, but looking at a DAC 3 if i can find a way of doing the video mixing without a crossfader.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 10:54 am
My custom mapper for the DAC-3 controller will do this. Pressing SHIFT+PLAY will smoothly crossfade to the appropriate side, or you can instantly fade with CP+PLAY. Pressing SHIFT+CUE will fade back to the other side again. You can also control transitions and video FX from the DAC-3.

It's not possible to do a smooth transition as above with normal shortcuts, although with keyboard or MIDI shortcuts you can assign two actions to a button, allowing you to do a video_crossfade appropriately and play_pause or cue_stop (My DAC-3 MIDI mapping used prior to native DAC-3 support worked this way.)

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 4:38 pm
Thanks, I'll just have to order a DAC 3 then!!!

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 6:42 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
@andytaylor: Your wish came a few weeks too early ;)
In fact what you asked has already been implemented in version 4.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 8:06 pm
Fantastic! Cheers for letting me know.

(Any news about the visualisations not working with usb soundcards problem by the way?)

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 12:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)