Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For the UK users with TCV, how long did delivery take. I ordered mine the other day and was curious as to when i should expect them.

Secondly, maya 44 usb soundcard? Any advice as to where the best deals are for this soundcard? I've seen prices range from £74 - £100.

Finally, regarding the TCV's again. Do they lose quality like regular vinyl? Will they begin to crackle and require replacement? Apologies if that is a stupid question.

Cheers

Ed

Posted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 7:48 pm
@ Ed,
welcome to what will be known as home to you very soon ! you one step closer than most with the TCV purchase....good on you! but to truly experience the full potential you will need to purchase a licensed version of the profecinal addition ....!
the last thing u need is spending money on TCV & Sound cards only for them to lose sound quality performance and system stability due to a cracked (often with bugs) version that u will not get support on.
50 % discount ordered via www.virtualdj.com/purchase

now onto ur valid q's that can be answered.
1. ETA look @ 7 - 14 days. further more how many did u buy ? its always better to purchase a spare set @ the same time because u dont pay any extra on shipping , so u save should anything happen to them and need to be replaced.

2. Maya 44 sound cards have been discontinued so prices would be all over the scale, you could also look @ an ESI U46DJ usb sound card, we are currently looking at making this card one of the recommended s/cards.

3. yes its subject to all the same laws as any other pressed vinyl....it is a vinyl except pressed in algarithmic code. they are however slightly more fragile and should be handled with care as if u get a scratch it tends to be more severe due to the fine pressing and impressions...but u get out what u put in...so using ot as a frisbe, coffee coaster, earphone rest plate and even your sandwich plate ! will give what u can expect... 1 x buggered vinyl....! so keep it tidy keep it covered and u will get what u expect ..... 1 x wicked way of mixing your mp3's..

ps dont forget to get licienced.
later
Triple S

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 12:00 am
spider911 unfortunately for us in the UK we do pay extra for shipping! It works out no cheaper to buy four all at once than it does to buy one four times.

I think I got mine in around 4 days, pretty good but the courier will get Royal Mail to deliver the parcel as standard delivery so there is no proof of delivery nor signature requirement.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 12:13 am
@ Andrew .... Damn ! u pay per parcel or per item...cause im sure if its per parcel they could pack them in one protection shipping box....?hee hee kinda makes living down here in South Africa an advantage......no never mind ! just teasing i have a fantastic country and would not want to live any where else ! after all ... rather the devil u know than the devil u dont ! and i know the bad here ... going anywhere else would mean getting to know and learn that countries bad....!
hell now thats how to stray from the subject ! i should get an award or something ! plus with the fluidity transfer better than most mixes i have done!
later

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 12:28 am
I made a slight mistake, it's charged so that you pay a set fee for one TCV and the second is shipped free, although it is no cheaper to ship 4 TCV all at once than it is to ship 2 TCV with two different orders - I've just been to the order page to confirm this. Although I doubt anyone buys just one TCV at a time but rather two!

"hell now thats how to stray from the subject ! i should get an award or something ! plus with the fluidity transfer better than most mixes i have done!"

hehe know the feeling =)

Posted Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 3:18 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hello guys...

You know, some people just buy one TCV for any reason ( don't really know). My recomendation is to get 3 or 4 at once in case of some problem or accident (broke your TCV or forgot in some place) you can still work with your backup TCVs.

In some countries (almost all) you pay a fee for deliver issues. It's the same for 1 than for 10 TCVs so that also takes in consideration (and the time for shipment) when you place an order.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 7:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)