Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: degredation in sound using atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a huge dance/trance music fan but am completely new to mixing. having practiced for several months with atomix with whjat I feel was a good level of success considering i'm a total novice. I then tried to mix a cd together of about 12/13 tracks. Firstly, i discovered this was very inefficient as you can only mix two tarcks at a time meant mixing the 1st two, then mixing the next rack with teh previosu mixed two etc...by the time I was to mix the 12th track i had to wait about an hour just to get to the 'point' where I would mix, and if i made a mistake i had to start over again. Is there a more efficient way of mixing? sorry if this sounds dumb but i relaly am a complete novice.

My 2nd question involves the sound quality. it appeared to me that after several recordings of trakcs the sound quality started to break down, tracks slightly skipping or getting distortions in the tracks. Has anyone else experienced this/know a remedy? Or is this down to the fact I had to keep coverting the .wav mixed files to .mp3 files? Many thanks any help appreciated.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 6:11 pm

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 7:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)