Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hand Held Remote Control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While at the Mobile Beat 2006 show, I saw a handheld remote control ($65) that interact with VirtualDJ. I wish I had bought it. It will allow you to be out interacting with the crowd and control the software from a distance.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 9:06 pm
a remote for vdj is a great idea
do you know the name of the remote and where i could get one?
i would love a remote
thanks

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 5:01 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would love one even if it could just controll the volume, then I could be away from my mixing desk and still speak on the microphone without having to shout over the music. Also volume controll would be handy when setting up to save walking backwards and forwards from your desk to chek how it sounds.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 1:18 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 4:33 am

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 4:27 am
yeah, i saw that too... i also regret not buying it. i'm going to try and find out who it was... i still have the vendor list from the show.

also, check out this video i took at the show of my friend at the VDJ booth... pretty cool stuff. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-509049950807268768

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 5:49 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Woo, look at those legs fly!

And yeah, I'd also like to know about that remote gizmo. I do party games & stuff on the stage, and need to play several tracks during this time. (background music, timed one minute tracks for a game, sound effects etc) In the past I've used the wireless remote control unit from an old smoke machine, hooked up via a com port to a PC running Winamp. There's a com port plugin in Winamp that allows you to set buttons to jump to the next track in a playlist, for example. My homemade bodge of a remote works, but something a bit more sophisticated with more than one button would be nice!

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 11:43 am
Look for "girder" it was free previously so look for older version.
Very simple receiver and plugin for it for girder is here

http://www.cesko.host.sk/girderplugin.htm

somewhat 5$ to build

Then you can use any remote control you want and assign commands in girder for vdj or volume control etc...

I built it for my friend and is running smoothly.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 12:57 pm
do you remember if it was the djpower booth? that's where i remember it being, it was like 70 bucks or so, i found this http://www.djpower.com/Products_hardware.htm however it's 180 bucks.

i also remember dr. drax saying he uses his PDA to control his system remotely... what do you suppose he uses to do that? i imagine blue tooth with some sort of app for remote control.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 6:35 pm
I think it was the prodjpc booth but I didn't see the remote on their website. Personally, I wouldn't need to control EVERY feature of virtual dj from it. THe more buttons there are, the more of a chance I press the wrong one while talking on the mic. I think the perfect remote should have vol +/-, pause (fade out), play (fade in), next (fade to next), & start over.

If someone finds one that can be mapped to keys, is RF (not IR), and is reasonably priced, please let us all know.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 8:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)