Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can I use headphones 2 monitor mixing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a mobile MP3 DJ who uses her computer with 16000 tracks to DJ instead of using viny. I was using PCDJ software but upgraded to the Hercules VDJ DJ control mp3 with USB twin deck mixer but am unable to monitor using headphones. I have 2 soundcards, 1 internal that I use for monitoring and a USB Creative sound card for main playback. This arrangment works fine on PCDJ Club Edition software but not on the VDJ as it don't allow the use of 2 sound cards so as a result I am having to use PCDJ Club Edition software to establish best mix & then transfer the information to VDJ. Is there a round this problem or do I have to revert back 2 using my old software? Please can anybody help me. Ruth

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 3:27 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 3:49 pm
Massive shout 2 U Totyo 4 replying so quick, will give it a try. Many thx.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 3:57 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you like to use 2 soundcards you can only buy the full version of the software with a special discount price http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html only €89 (plus VAT) or $99.
The home edition user can not use 2 soundcards, only one 5.1 suondcard.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 4:36 pm
Thx for the imformation people, have sorted probs. Ruth

Posted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:10 pm
I had a similar problem but I only have a normal sound card in my laptop so I designed a cable to connect with the mixer and works perfectly.
Get a normal RCA cable cut in the middle joint the 2 red leads and also the 2 black leads seperatly you have now RIGHT and LEFT channels at the other end solder a plug for you sound card output, then connect the RIGHT leads on 1 channel of your mixer the other LEFT leads to 2 channel on the mixer, go to configuration of the VDJ sound card and choose SPEAKER/HEADPHONES.
You should now be able to monitor any song in one of the channel while the other one it's playing to the public (EASY) and very cheap.
Just one smmal problem, you dont get a STEREO effect but that's not a problem try it out.

GOOD MIXING

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)