Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Slide show?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am still wishing there were a video forum for threads like this....

In the video settings, there's options to have a visual effect, a bitmap, or blank screen for the video output when there isn't a video playing. I was wondering if it were possible to have a slideshow, instead of a single bitmap. Only thing is...I'd like to still have the visuals playing (similar to having the crossfader in the middle so it shows video with the visuals playing over it...) I suppose I could achieve this by compiling the pictures into a video, but there are two problems with that: 1) it would use up one of the decks and screw up mixing potential and 2) I couldn't just dump the pictures in a folder live to make the slideshow, it would have to be all prepared beforehand. I guess I could just use the Windows slideshow feature on the projector, but then there's no visuals and I would have to switch things manually if I want to mix a video.

Any suggestions?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 2:09 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just select one file. As long as their are other image files in the same folder and you have ticked the "slide show" box it will flick through them at whatever time interval you select.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 3:29 am
Thanks. I feel kind of stupid that I couldn't figure that out on my own, but that's why this forum is so great.

It's not possible to have the pictures and visuals faded together is it?

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 4:08 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is currently not possible to have the visuals and slideshow together.
But your idea of making a video out of the pictures is a good one. Just make sure the video has a sound track to go with it (even if you won't play the sound) or else VDJ won't play it.

Posted Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 3:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry but you can make a slideshow of visuals as bitmaps too ;-)

But bitmaps and visuals together: currently impossible

Posted Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 8:11 pm
Is it possible to make a "visual" out of bitmaps?

Posted Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)