Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: xp10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm considering to by 2 xp10 but first a couple of questions:
turntables you have to connect first to a soundcard and from that soundcard to the mixer.
but I read that xp10 output goes straight in the mixer?correct? for music on pc? connect output mixer to soundcard line in??
and to an amp? from mixer output to amp in?????

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 3:28 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The xp10's have a usb connection so are connected directly to your pc/laptop. They also have a built in soundcard from which you can connect 2 rca plugs into your mixer. Each xp10 having its own separate soundcard.

Many users however like myself prefer to have a separate soundcard from which you can run a connection to your mixer (because of sound quality from xp10 soundcard). Other than that all else is as normal from mixer to amp then to your speakers.

Hope this helps.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 9:19 pm
I've used a setup with turntables and xp10. The xp10 connect with USB but the soundcard in them is not used. I use a Maya44 when I use xp10 and turntables.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 9:28 pm
thx for the help. now I'm using dj control mp3 but the qality of sound isn't good.
when you use xp10, can you still use vdj for samples, effects, etc?

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 11:07 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you can ....xp10 sounds very very good

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 12:44 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
How big are the XP10's....they look tiny, also How can I purchase these, When I go to the web site and look it up, the only thing I can buy is the TCV or VDJ Pro....Will the XP10's take the place of turntables and/or CD players?? Also can you scratch with them?
THANX!!!

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 12:59 am

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:04 am
Great.....will the 2 of them take the place of my DJ Console MK2, and would that be better than using the MK2?

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:05 am
for sure ...they are better and more professional than the ugly console

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:08 am
Thanks Man-Tk....looking forward to tring them out!!

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 2:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)