Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hi guys.help needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

riotHome userMember since 2006
ive just purchased myself a laptop and im thinking on using either.serano,final scratch or virtual dj along with my turntables..

is virtual dj any good? i guess along with the laptop and my dex i need the timecoded vinyl. can you tell me what the latency is like for mixing and scratching using the program?

which one is best as well?

thanx in advance

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 12:40 pm
Riot.
Virtual dj is a good, stable dj application. Compared to the other 2 VDJ has far more features like Video, Sampler, Effects and Skins.

You are right you need the fulle version of VDJ, Time code vinyls and a proper sound card. A proper card is the maya usb, or the u46dj. The latency of your total system is up to a lot of things: Speed of laptop, soundcard and processes running on your laptop. It could be down to 2 or 3 ms. I do not notice any latence in my system.

You could get some more info here (bottom of the page):

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Ewout

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 7:23 pm
My advice to you would be to try each one out for yourself. What may be good for some, may not be good for others. No matter how fair and objective we try to be, coming here asking which is best, is like going to the Pepsi site, asking if it taste better then Coke, (Pepsi taste better). We are here because we like VDJ better, period. All of these programs lack something, none of them are perfect. We have chosen VDJ for a number of reasons. So, don't ask which is best. Ask why did we choose VDJ over the others. Then try them out, and see which one fits you better. Why did I pick VDJ? VIDEO, VIDEO,and VIDEO. I can mix video just like audio. The upgrades have been timely, and free. Did I say FREE. You get plenty of help from the company and the forum. They have listened to their customers, and have tried to implement some of their suggestions. The most important thing is, the software works, and gets better all the time.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 9:15 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
At the moment the vdj team is working on timecoded vinyl & cd's which is perfect for scratching. I suggest you wait for the release of this which is very soon. I'm sure it will blow the competition away.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 9:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)