Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: U46DJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've searched the forums, but haven't really gotten the answers I needed.

1. How good is the card for TCV use? With VDJ?
2. I noticed it has a ground post on the back. Does this mean you can ground the tt's to the card, rather than grounding it to the laptop? Has anyone tried this with VDJ?

Thanks in advance!

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:33 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Great card and yes ground it to the card itself. Works like a charm in vdj.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:36 pm
Do you have this soundcard DJ Cyder? If so do you experience drop out in TCV signal? I'm still waiting for the driver upgrade that Esi' customer support told me that they would have soon and that's since October 2005.

Esi' custumer support mentionned that they were aware that VDJ and this soundcard is not working well.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 10:49 pm
That´s very interesting reading. I have myself bought the U46DJ and have experienced a drop in timecode quality, but not all the time. Sometimes it works well for hours and then suddenly drops, we´re talking strange behaviour, like ½ sec. latency and just bad control in general.

Lucky for me, I took it to a job this weekend, where it worked like a charm for a full 4 hour set. I played like an angel, mixing 45 trax per hour and the people were rocking. This was my first time out with VDJ and it really is a fucking great platform for future DJs. I cannot ever imagine going back to playing oldschool vinyl only - though there are some records that just sound so great in the pressing that it´s a pitty to rip them and play digitally, fx. the Alter Ego live tracks from the Harthouse 100 Live LP (-:

I will contact ESI as well and urge them to come up with a better driver. The more pressure the better. It´s really shitty that they are aware of the problem, but don´t bother to fix it!¤%¤

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:47 am
The driver esi provides with the soundcard works fine after the 3.2 update. I've never experienced any of this problems u guys are talking about. Also the dev team said that the ESIU46DJ now replaces the maya44. So definetely they wouldn't say this if it was lacking a good driver. Good luck

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 2:36 pm
well yeh, maybe call it melody matching, and you could even have a /2 button if you wanted melody a to fit into melody B twice in the timespace.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)