Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New to VDJ: A couple of Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, Well I've been using atomixmp3 for around 3-4 years and I love It. I tried using VDJ a couple months ago and I liked the sound quality and that was about it and this could be because I am used to having my own keyboard shortcuts on atomix and it didnt let me add them on the trial. I recently bought the Numark 1625 battle pack with a Numark 950 mixer and since then I've been interested in VDJ all over because the cost of buying a single vynil is around 6$ here and I probably spent 100$ on only vynil and I don't have enough music to go around for 2 hours!! This led me to research VDJ all over and I read that there is something called "Time Coded Vynil". Now my question is if the vynil is mounted on to the turntable or is the turntable able to play other vynils also? Can I use the turntables and mixer I already have or do I have to buy the turntables the website sells? What is the requirement for using VDJ with a PC so that it works well and It doesnt lag? In other words I don't want the minimum requirements but I want the recommended. If I buy the set does that let me scratch mp3's as I scratch vynils which means I will never need vynil again? Sorry If I'm askin alot of questions but I'm reall interested and I have more questions but I'll wait til I get a couple of responses on these. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 4:34 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lot's of questions here. I'll try to answer most.

Yes you can use the tables and mixer that you have. The Time Coded Vinyl (TCV) plays very much like real vinyl and as you manipulate the TCV it controls the mp3 playing in VDJ. You'll never need vinyl again. There is some methods to also play real vinyl, using Y splitters or your line in/phono in on your mixer. Depending on your mixer. PC requirements vary with what you want to do. There are some that have used TCV with 256 ram although 512 is really the minimum in my opinion. If you want to use video you'll need more ram.

TCV works, it's great and no more buying or lugging around vinyl. Good luck.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 4:15 pm
hey thank you for the response. I think I have a good enough laptop. How much would you estimate the cost for the program and the TCV and whatever else I need to get going.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 7:52 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TCVs: 30€
VDJ Program: 124€
maya44usb to use TCVs: 110€

Posted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:21 pm
lobberHome userMember since 2006
hi is possible to get pr-loaded laptops if so how mucuch and where can i get it

Posted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 7:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
lobber,

No preloaded VDJ or Atomix MP3 options are available. Your PC or laptop is buy in one place and VDJ is buy in here.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)