Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: djs and their sidekicks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
back in the 90s when i got my foot in i used to help this dj with crates and set ups. i wasnt really trying to get heavy into music coz i was young and had other things going on.
what i used to do was help with setting up and playing from 9 till 10 or 11. sometimes even 12. or whole gigs if they were slow.

are sidekicks necessary today with automatic playlists and death of the crates?
doing gigs alone can be boring and [computer] djing is so easy a sidekick can run the show. how to u batmans handle the robin situation?

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 9:14 pm
Robin is dead. Back in the day, way back, it was expected to have a whole crew. It was viscious. You could not ask a DJ the name of a song. There were a lot of battles. Sometimes we bought stuff, that didn't work or even hook up. This was back in the early 70's. The equipment was huge. Sometimes it would take several cars, to get the stuff there. You did not have to pay these guys, because of the girls, liquor, and the drugs. No one ever played, but me. That's why it's called A Man & His Music. I have never used a automatic anything. Takes the reason out of why I do this.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 10:42 pm
Robin is dead. Back in the day, way back, it was expected to have a whole crew. It was viscious. You could not ask a DJ the name of a song. There were a lot of battles. Sometimes we bought stuff, that didn't work or even hook up. This was back in the early 70's. The equipment was huge. Sometimes it would take several cars, to get the stuff there. You did not have to pay these guys, because of the girls, liquor, and the drugs. No one ever played, but me. That's why it's called A Man & His Music. I have never used a automatic anything. Takes the reason out of why I do this.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 10:45 pm
Sorry about that, The last post was from me. You can delete one.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 10:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)