Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: internal database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

"the internal database is corrupted"
??????
does anybody knows what that means

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 5:42 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not good I'm afraid gregory1. This means that you've lost the analysis of all your songs. It's not REALLY that bad in that none of your music will be lost or anything, but it means you'll have to re-analyse all your songs for their BPM's, length, etc.

It's always a good idea to back up your Database.xml file every week or so, or even after every analysis you do. And by back up, i'm talking into a different folder or onto a floppy disc. That way, you can just copy and paste the file back into your Program Files/VirtualDJ folder.

This is a pain in the ass, and happens quite rarely as far as i'm lead to believe. Certainly, it's only happened once with me, but still, a pain in the ass. I think it happens when you have a power surge or cut or something like that and VDJ shuts down incorrectly...perhaps one of the other guys can confirm for sure.

In any case, re-analyse your music (let's hope your track library isn't MASSIVE) and back up this file. Then, if it happens again, just replace your dead copy with the back up. You might not get every single analysis back, but certainly a good chunk of your music will be ok. Hope this helps...

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)