Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is tagging of .wav files possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have my entire audio collcetion in .wav format (I have the luxury of HD space). Is there any way to organize my .wav's other then a hiericial folder structure? How do you guys have your .wav library's set up (I know there are some of you out there that use .wav's). Is there any programs for .wav files like mediamonkey etc.?

Just looking for a meeting of the minds here to compare notes.

yay!

Posted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 8:14 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
WAV files are very simple in their structure. the header of a WAV file is usual less than 1Kb in size. and as far as i know there is no way to add information to this type of file. It is ofcource possible to add information for the file to the database like comments etc.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 1:37 am
I have my wav files, which is all that I use (no mp3's ever), in folders by year, clean or advisory, genre. There are specialty folders for things like wedding ceremonies, dinner/cocktail music, ultimate party favorites, instructional dance videos, etc.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 2:23 am
And you could also create a folder for a certain year or genre and then place shortcut files to your original wav files in those folders. In this case you can place a file in more than 1 folder (2004 and Dance for example), without storing the file more than once. A shortcut file is only 1k in size.
Ewout

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)