Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: id3 BPM tag support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
HI,
Can we get ID3v2 BPM tag field support so when it does a BPM scan , it updates this tag instead of the .vmxl file(and read this tag field)

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 10:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
the problem is that the BPM ID3v2 tag only has a global BPM value, but vdj calculates the BPM with a precision of 0.01 and it places the CBGs under the beats, this information isn't in the id3 BPM tag.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:54 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it would be great if VDJ would display the BPM info stored in the tag where there is no infor in the database (hasnt been scaned yet mabey). this would also allow the use of thrid party software to mass-scan your collection

it would also be cool if VDJ could look to the BPM tag as a clue when analysing so ti doesnt go and get it toatly wrong.

even better would be if VDJ could write its info to the headder of MP3 etc files instead of relying on a centeral database that is not backed up internaly.

Posted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 12:30 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Xeo's got a good point. The BPM's in the ID3 tag should be used if the song hasn't been scanned already, or if VDJ is not at least xx% sure of its calculated BPM.
The problem with updating the tag would be that modifying the file itself will change the size of the file, and this is what VDJ's database keys off of to distinguish one file from another (that's how it knows the stats of a file even if it is moved or renamed.) In that case though, VDJ can just change all references to the old size, replacing them with the new size. Shouldn't be too difficult.
I don't depend on ID3 tags myself anymore, but I know many people who do, and would be thrilled with a feature like this.

Posted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 5:10 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I certainly wouldn't mind this... I've input BPMs into many of my ID3v2 tags (and Vorbis tags). Of course, I don't know how accurate they all are, but occasionally VDJ gets some pretty way off readings.

Posted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 6:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)