Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: questions about VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just downloaded the demo and am trying it out. Is the option for a DAC2 controller not useable in the demo?Also are the different skins useable in the demo?...... The time windows are so small in the default skin thet they are not readable from any distance, I depend on those time readouts to make sure I dont get "dead air" while taking a request from a customer, also are there any other options fpr loading songs into the player besides drag and drop? So far the demo looks good, especially like the karaoke option. I am afraid however that the program may be difficult to use in a live situation due to the small size of the fonts and windows for song titles and playback info. Any info or feedback on these issues will help me with my purchase decision. Finally , when do you think the English version of the manual will be out?

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 1:22 am
The sizes of display items are one of the strong points of vDJ. [:o)

Really, no kidding... not many other dj soft like vDJ allow the user to customize such items. Customization is done via the Skin parameters found in the Skin zip files. For directory font type and sizing, modificatioon of the .XML is probably all that is needed. If you want to change the Track titles and time displays you'll have to do some graphic work to the .BMP file as well with something like an image editor.... Not really for the faint-at-heart .... easier if you are technically inclined.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 3:51 am
Once you get the full ver, you will be suprised at the amount of skins available. You will have no problem seeing time, artist, title, or anything else. You will also be able to get all the effects, plugins, and most of all support.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 9:14 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1/ I don't think controllers are supported with demo version (for security reasons lots of functions are disabled). I know that timecode works, controllers might have a limited use. Not sure.

2/ Since the last time I checked, skins are fully usable in demo version (Download here: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html ). With some experience & learning you will be able to customize your own skin easily.

3/ You can double click the song which will be automatically loaded on the stopped deck. It's also possible to map keyboard shortcuts for loading (well for all functions to be exact.)

4/ English manual is said to be in contstruction and should be completed "soon", don't know the details & release date though.

Hope it helps.
Regards

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 4:19 pm
Thanks to all for the replies They have helped a lot. Still playing with it to get accustomed to new ways of doing things, but am finding that it may work well for me !

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)