Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Check out my setup!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In my blog - I'm pretty happy with it so far! Just thought I would show off some of my gadgets :)

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 12:18 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Your setup looks great! One thing I do recommend is getting better cans (so you don't mess up your ears)... Sennheiser makes great headphones.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 12:52 am
very nice setup :)
doing a very similar ome with a 4 channel mixer
how do you find those stylus on the tt1s ?
good for tracking ?

oh and sennheiser best headphones ever for sure
had a pair for over 5 years and gave them to an upcomming dj
damm it i hope he still uses them
so miss the double headphone jack so if you move away whilst wearing them they would simply unplug.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 3:21 am
The ortofons haven't skipped on me once! I never have to worry about them, I highly recommend them if they are in your price range.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 6:01 am
Where did you get the holder for your labtop?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 6:29 am
It's a ProLine 2-tier keyboard stand - you can see one here: http://prolinestand.com/products/keyboardstands.cfm

It's letter C. I saw it at Guitar Center and figured it would be perfect for the laptop. It's great having it right there, instead of off to the side.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 7:13 am
I see people are catching on to my keyboard stands idea :-)

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 7:41 pm
yeah, the 2-tier is perfect for holding the laptop! I painted some marks on the joints so I can always unfold it and set it up exactly the same every time. It's a solid setup.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 8:43 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
how much weight can those things take??? i know its enough for a setup...but i was curious

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 9:09 pm
A big ass Roland keyboard weighs a helluva lot more than a laptop.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 10:41 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yup the keyboard stand idea is perfect. My stand is slightly different with the way it opens at the bottom. Got a black skirt made up to cover all the wires etc which is a very good idea if you planning to use it out and about. Very nice socross!

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 11:04 pm
very flashy lookin setup.. congradulations on that one. :) yeah anewsome, see it as complimenting your ideas :) I know thats what ill be doing when i get my setup all bought and setup.. ooh i can't wait haha

good job socross!

Sean

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 11:24 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Can't blame socross, your setup anewsome is one of the best cleanest mobil setups I saw. You show how to get it, and here are the results. Great!

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 1:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)