Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thinking about switching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Ok I have 2 dennon dns3500's, Ecler NUO4, Final Scratch 2, and Traktor DJ Studio 3, Sony Laptop. I am new to mixing music and maybe thats my problem,. But I have toyed around with final scratch and DJ Studio 3 and it is hart to beat match. I downloaded the demo of vdj and just played with it on my main computer and could'nt believe how easy it was. Now here is the big question, my ecler nuo4 has midi support. What is the max midi controls that vdj can handle? Also is it possible for me to use vdj with the timecoded cd's? and than also if I want to play regular cd's on my denon's with out unplugging cables? Right now final scratch allows this, but like I said having some issues.
So if VDJ will do this, I am selling my FS2 and Traktor DJstudio3. The price of 150.00 for vdjpro is worth it if it can do what I am wanting it to do. This is alot cheaper than what I have shelled out for the Traktor software.

Thank

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 6:59 am
Virtual DJ supports the Nuo4 mixer, and Virtual DJ has no limit in midi mapping.
You can map almost any feature in Virtual DJ to a midi controller ;)

And yes... Virtual DJ works with timecode cd's, that you can download for free from this website....

And if you have a good soundcard, you can use the bypass to play real CD's. No need for cable switching. Or you can of course use cable splitters too..

All possible, and Virtual DJ will even be better in the next release... better than the demo you tried.
New better sound engine, lots of improvements for timecode ... ;)

Hope to see you as a full member soon -;)

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 12:21 pm
When is the new release suppose to come out? IN regards to soundcard I have the Creative E-mu 1616m which is suppose to be one of the best, it does have midi input and output as well, so thats good to hear that vdj totally supports midi. I am going to buy some cables today to make sure I can get everything to work with my setup, if so you will see me being a full member and for 150.00 that is a totally reasonable price for something that in my opinion (from what I am reading on the forums) outdoes its competition (Final Scratch2, and Serato Scratch). I was almost going to buySerato's until I found virtual dj.

Thanks

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 1:51 pm
another quick question? Is VDJ only one version? I am looking at getting pro? Is that the one that is for 149? because when I click it, it indicates that its the standard version?
Thanks

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 1:56 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
>When is the new release suppose to come out?

When it is ready..., but usually they are very fast..
Take a look at the dates in the history page:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

>another quick question? Is VDJ only one version? I am looking at geting pro? Is that the one that is for 149? because when I click it, it indicates that its the standard version?

It's the same version, the downloadable version and boxed is the same -pro- version.
In boxed you pay for the box and shipping, and some better support maybe.
I suggest you the download offer.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 3:36 pm
I have an audigy x-fi platinum working with tccds , the problem is when I want to mix regular cds the timecode bypass doesn't work, any ideas?

Posted Sat 19 Aug 06 @ 7:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)