Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Shipping prices are outrageous?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there

I just wanted to buy 2 pieces of timecoded vinyl for use with the djdecks software (which supports this). But then I found out that the shipping price for sending 2x12" from France to Denmark is €29!! WTF!?!?

I mean, there is NO WAY IN HELL that Atomix are paying more than, say €10-12 to get those items shipped. Why does Atomix then charge twice as much for the shipping?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:12 am
Oh yeah, how do I get to buy without the VAT? I´m buying through a company and I don´t want to pay some phony tax that I shouldn´t.

Btw: I have tried asking these questions in the web-formular, but after 3 days still haven´t heard peep. So I figured that perhaps someone active on the board knows?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:15 am
I agree, the shipping is actually cheaper to America than it is to England, pretty outrageous. I'm not sure about the trading laws in the EU and VAT but where the hell does the 19.6% VAT charge which we're forced to pay come from?

Also the French courier who left my parcel with Royal Mail didn't even make sure the delivery was signed/recorded. The parcel was left literally outside my delivery addresses because noone was in. This is just crazy when you look at the price of shipping costs.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:27 am
Is this a car without driver? Does Atomix exist at all, or is the whole thing just a scam?

If not, then lets hear it: Why are Atomix charging us like hell for the shipping? Surely someone has a good explanation for this bizarre phenomenon?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 7:13 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Im quite upset about the whole delivery charges thing too. I got charged an arm and a leg to get the xp10's sent to New Zealand. I think they are fictatious.... there should be a separate enquiry per order for delivery so it is more accurate.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 11:01 pm
Why order VDJ vinyl for use with djDecks? Of all TCV supported, VDJ is the worst (while still being useful mind you, but all others are better IMO).

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 11:09 pm
The ludacris shipping prices that we pay in the EU for Atomix products must help to subsidise the shipping fees to America and France; possibly the biggest buyers of the hardware? The shipping to France is extrememly cheap even if the goods are shipped from the same country. It's not logical at all for shipping prices to England to be more than that to America.

To order two SSL02 vinyl and a Maya 44 USB from Germany would have had cheaper shipping than what Atomix charge just for two TCV, it's unforgivable :(

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 11:32 pm
@Paulheu: Please describe this a little bit further, because I don´t like what you just said. How bad are they? Have you had errors while using them? I´m going to use this thing for playing serious gigs out, so I really can´t have a system that is not 100% stable (well, you prob. cant have more than 99% whatever your on, there are the issue with scratches in vinyl and CD also, but you know...).

I wanted to buy VDJ TCVs because if I don´t get happy with djdecks, it would be easier/cheaper to simply pay & download VirtualDJ online. I really want to be able to work with VST a lot and dedecks and VDJ are the only programs I have found, capable of doing this.

Maybe there are other options, which I haven´t been aware of?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 11:42 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Junker Juks
I tried virtual dj vinyls with dj decks sometime and it worked fine, but i didn't tried the others.
Your way of thinking is right, keep in mind Timecode support in Virtual dj is reworked as we speek, so you'll have the option of buying a better Vdj in the future..

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 2:20 am
I´m very glad to get some feedback on this TCV functionallity issue, though that wasn´t was this thread was all about. I did not know that the timecode wasn´t rock solid. Other users have led me to believe that it was.

I have these questions for now, hope someone will be able to answer them:

Is djdecks more accurate to work with than VDJ?

How long will it take before VDJ is providing a real option for serious DJs playing electro/house/techno/rave on big soundsystems (like really big PAs - 25.000 watts and up), where audio glitches, digital cracks and offcourse mallfunction in playing the timecode, keeping 100% sync, would be close to fatal?

Why are there so much digital glitch when adjusting parameters in VST effects? Will this be better in time? When?

I´m sure as hell not going to sign up for any system that doesn´t provide me with the same level of steadiness as my 3 x 1210s and CD decks. Imagine being in front of 1.500 people and suddenly you can´t beatmix properly with the TCV. I don´t give shit for the automix function. It might work well in the ears of nobrainers playing entry level 4/4 tribal tech or house and can be usefull when working with a few loops in the sampler, but when mixing electro, breakbeat, funked up Cristain Vogel style techno and acapellas from 3 sources at a time, it´s just not an option...So I need to be sure that I can be as precise in my mix with TCV as when using normal vinyl. Any comments / experiences on that, anyone?

Note: I might sound a *bit* negative in this post, but I really think VDJ has something to offer, which Final Scratch and Serano can´t even come close to (VST effects, skin designing, etc) but to me it´s no fun having a ride, which might be full of bells and whistles on the cost of lagging sturdiness. I need my car to start when turning the key. Peace!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 3:45 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

> I´m very glad to get some feedback on this TCV functionallity issue, though that wasn´t was this thread was all about. I did not know that the timecode wasn´t rock solid. Other users have led me to believe that it was.

You misunderstand, it IS rock solid, i work with it every night.
It is just different than other programs not having the standard absolute and relative modes but a unique "smart" mode with advantages and drawbacks. Also the scratch sound is not the best, but both will be improved in the next(s) FREE updates.

> Is djdecks more accurate to work with than VDJ?

I really don't think so, the opposite.

> How long will it take before VDJ is providing a real option for serious DJs playing electro/house/techno/rave on big soundsystems (like really big PAs - 25.000 watts and up), where audio glitches, digital cracks and offcourse mallfunction in playing the timecode, keeping 100% sync, would be close to fatal?

It is NOW..., just trust me.
Stable and reliable, some timecode improvements are on the way.

> Why are there so much digital glitch when adjusting parameters in VST effects? Will this be better in time? When?

You have right, if/when this fixed, i don't know.
But i will report this as a bug !

>I´m sure as hell not going to sign up for any system that doesn´t provide me with the same level of steadiness as my 3 x 1210s and CD decks. Imagine being in front of 1.500 people and suddenly you can´t beatmix properly with the TCV. I don´t give shit for the automix function. It might work well in the ears of nobrainers playing entry level 4/4 tribal tech or house and can be usefull when working with a few loops in the sampler, but when mixing electro, breakbeat, funked up Cristain Vogel style techno and acapellas from 3 sources at a time, it´s just not an option...So I need to be sure that I can be as precise in my mix with TCV as when using normal vinyl. Any comments / experiences on that, anyone?

It is so reliable and stable as a computer can be.
If my heartbeats or my life was depended from a computer, i'd have a second for backup...
My experience say after using dj software from ..1997 (vinyls from 1981)
that computer dj'ing is overall more safe than vinyl/cd's if you know how to setup.
But computers are like airplains... if they crash, you don't have any chance..
Have a backup..

>Note: I might sound a *bit* negative in this post, but I really think VDJ has something to offer, which Final Scratch and Serano can´t even come close to (VST effects, skin designing, etc) but to me it´s no fun having a ride, which might be full of bells and whistles on the cost of lagging sturdiness. I need my car to start when turning the key. Peace!

I answered you because i'm in the same boat..
But virtual dj has really power and features you can't find elsewhere.
Try the shortcuts for example.
No other program allow you so many options to customize your keyboard.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 4:29 am
Thanks apopsis. That really helped! Now I can go ahead and rip myself off by paying this ludacris shipping fee. There´s no two ways about it. If djdecks doesn´t do it for me, I am now convinced that VDJ can provide me with what I need.

Thanks again man!

And it really is a great forum. Now all we need is the option the get feedback from Atomix themselves. I think that if any of the moderators from this board are in email contact with these guys, they really owe it to the users to tell them that it´s lame not being able to get feedback from a company and that they should get a reality check run on those shipping prices.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 9:17 am
I agree far far too much, i thought a company rep was going to hand deliver to me in person at that price!!!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 9:52 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Hi everybody.

First of all, yes atomix productions exists really ;) (to answer one of your post)
Shipping rates are a really damned issue even for us at the offices !

We have selected many way to deliver the different goods regarding the weight, the destination and the security we needed for each kind of delivery.

As TCV are a high-volume product, we can't package them and send them ourselves without the help of an external company. Else it would take a whole business day to prepare, package, write address, and send the goods!

We are then using another company services to deliver the vinyls.
Problem is that the fees are not fixed by us but by the company. And most of the deliveries that are not in France are in deed very expensive.

Atomix Production is not increasing the delivery fees to make more profit, instead we are still loosing money on each delivery as we have never updated the fees since we started to ship the goods (except for some special products or countries). (and most of the fees have increased of about some euros during the whole period)

We know that it seems insane, but AP is not like Amazon and so we don't have the same price as them ;)

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:02 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
And of course I add that we are not increasing some fees to decrease France fees.

For France we are using the national postal network that is charging us a 'normal' fee.
Problems comes when using international address that requires the use of internation delivery networks and the charges are so multiplicated by 10x (minimum) ! :(

But if you know a way to ship to US or to other zone without having to pay this *damned* extra please let me know by Private Message ! Atomix Productions has always tried to offer the best service available, and at the lowest price !

Y

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:06 am
Ok. Now I´m actually satisfied - and I´m not an easy man to satisfy, mind you (-;

All the best to you and your company and it´s great crowd of enthusiastic users! I hope that some day, you find a way to avoid throwing that much money overboard on the shipping and upsetting the customers.

I´m on my way to the buy -> hardware section now. See you on the floor - LOL!

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:17 am
@james: LOL, yeah you would expect something like that with those prices. I really think they should work harder on finding alternatives to their existing deal. It´s the worst I´ve ever hear.

Listen up Atomix - wouldn´t you be better of by hiring a couple of student workers 2-4 hours a day/week/whatever nescessary and let them do the packaging and all? It sounds llike a BAD BAD deal you have found - that company must be making a fortune of you and your customers.

Posted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 10:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)