Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So, what do I need?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that has a P4, 2.4 with 512 RAM. Onboard sound only. I have a CD - Mix2, a QSC PLX3402, all going into some JBL MP215's.

Should this run VDJ fine? What else do I need, if anything?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 2:58 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That will run VDJ just fine, what you need other what you've listed depends on how you want to control VDJ?, if you want to control it with your CD players you'll need a soundcard with 2 outputs like a maya or the one included in the Hercules DJ console MK2, you'd also need to download the timecode file and burn it off twice (one for each deck).

If you would like to control VDJ with something else you should look at the hardware section of this site:http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Lastly and leastly recommended would be to control VDJ with a keyboard and mouse, to enable headphone cueing you'd either need (the cheap option) being a stereo spliiter for your onboard soundcard or to buy a regular 3D soundcard (not much more expensive and much better).

There you have it :), hope that's given you a better idea of what choices you have.

Look forward to seeing you as a registered VDJ user.

Best regards, Bagpuss.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:22 am
OK, I'm new at this. :)

Is there a specific Maya card to look for?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 4:15 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maya44 USB.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:08 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
U46DJ as well

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)