Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The evolution of the setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

These are in order.

Believe it or not, in the last year, I have gigged extensively with *all* of these setups. The first setup, I'm still in love with. 2 xp10s, a laptop and VDJ. Seriously, what more do you need. That is also the setup that had EVERY club owner raising an eyebrow. There is nothing shiny and nothing spinning so is that guy really DJing? Oh well, I bought the DZ1200 and ever since then they don't give me a second look. All of the old timers on this forum have seen these pics already. The newbies can see how I've evolved. The 4th link in the evolution may never get posted here:

http://www.anewsome.com/2005-02-21-XP10Console/images/medium-imgp2179.jpg
http://www.anewsome.com/2005-09-04-DZ1200/images/medium-MVC01363.jpg
http://www.anewsome.com/2005-11-11%20New%20DJ%20Setup/MVC01369-0.jpg

Matter of fact, the first setup that was all hand built still sits in my garage. Seriously. I have absolutely no use for a xp10 + latop wooden coffin but I still have it. I just can't bring myself to sledgehammer this thing and make some room in my garage. Go figure.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 8:59 am
man, i want a setup like that too!!!!! :) you make me jealous!!

Santa baby? can u help me NEXT christmas? you forgot me this year... :) hehe

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 9:37 am
yeah i wish santa dropped off all this gear. that would be a lot easier than paying for it. i'm still operating at around break even for the year with all the crap i've had to buy. but look at the bright side,... i have spinning platters and they are shiny,.. shinier than most.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:12 am
4th generation?? I think i have an Idea....;) hehehe..

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:20 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"The first setup, I'm still in love with."

Me too. Hands-down the best VDJ experience you can get if you're not into Vinyl/CD emulation.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:53 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I love your first setup.

But what was in the back of the wooden case? was it empty?

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 3:18 pm

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 6:31 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Very Impressive Anewsome.

Can i put that link in my blog for rackmount creating? Of course i'll be saying it's yours. :)

Posted Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:12 pm
love the setup anewsome!!
i know it is not practical, but the plain wood coffin looks kinda cool
i love the shiny turntables---i'm jealous
but i ain't luggin round all that equip
hot setup!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 6:38 am
@lej78480, you can do whatever you want with those pictures. just make sure people know they are mine.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 9:33 am
And yes, I still have a soft spot for that old xp10 + laptop wooden controller board. that's why I keep it around, taking up space in my garage. Matter of fact, as soon as I get accelerated video working, it may become my video mixing table alongside my DZ1200 mixing coffin. That would be quite a setup (and quite a pain to lug around).

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 9:35 am
DJ NicePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dude man the set up is sick - I'm looking into the SL-DZ1200 myself bit man avg about 800 a pop- are they worth it? How have you intergrated them into VDJ? TCV w/ a MAYA like config?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 7:41 pm
Nice, I use a Maya44USB with and TCCD with my DZ1200. Works like a champ, although on some days I wish I had TCV and turntables. But at least with CDs you dont have to worry about wearing out your needles, and your TCV.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 11:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)