Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: FreeFrame Video Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Here is a free package with a lot of FreeFrame Effects from Pete Warden (http://www.petewarden.com/)

http://www.petewarden.com/PetesPlugins_FreeFrame1.15.zip

The two following effects only works if you have video input(s) : "PeteLiveFeed.dll" and "PeteLiveFeed2.dll"

Here is the help and description for all these files: http://www.petewarden.com/PluginHelp.htm

Since VDJ v3.3, simply copy all these .dll file into the "VideoEffects" folder of VDJ and use them as usual video effects (the FX slider could work with some FreeFrame effects)

Pete Warden even let you download his source code freely so if you are interested to build your own FreeFrame Effect, you can help you from them:
http://www.petewarden.com/PetesPlugins_source.zip

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 5:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Thanks Djcel, you mean "VideoEffects" folder i suppose.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 6:44 pm
yes corrected ;-)

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 6:54 pm

Posted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 3:47 am
I have two problems with this and haven't really messed with any source.

I tried this with my VIVO and a small Logitech Camera.

When I use the live feed, either the first or second, they both show up upside-down and reversed. So if I'm in front of the camera when I turn it on, i'm upside-down. If I hold a piece of paper with the word "wood" on it, I get a word that reads, " boow" (Wow, that was smart of me.... sorry)

That's problem number one, next, if I go and try to select another FX after selecting the live feed fx, VDJ freezes and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the application.... this would NOT work in a live setting.

Now, in defense of this, my VIVO has SVIDEO and COMPOSITE and it will pick from both of them as ONE source, I didn't try different items like a VCR and a DVD, but I unplugged one and the other and got the same picture.

I'd really like to get this to work as it would be great for now while I still use an LD player for my shows... also it would be great to add a live camera picture of the singer on stage.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 4:48 pm
Exactly same problem

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 8:41 pm
tk421Home userMember since 2006
hi. i'm no programmer but i tried downloading the freeframe stuff.

i installed the freeframe DSFreeFrameWrapper.ax using the install.bat file.

then i dropped pete's plugins into VirtualDJ's VideoEffects folder.

i do see the plugins listed from the "fx" menu in VDJ but when i click on the round "fx" button to activate on, it does not work. other plugins (eg stobe) do work.

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 6:05 am

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 5:42 am
Djcel, I can't get these plugins to work. I have them in video effects folder, select one, but when I hit the FX tab in 3.2, it does not stay lit, and the effects don't activate. What am I doing wrong?

Posted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 8:05 am
V10V10Home userMember since 2006
i have the same problem i load them into vdj and when i hit the button nothing happens

Posted Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 7:45 pm
I have contacted the author of the plugin so i hope it will be corrected :-)

Posted Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 8:05 pm
I did as well... when I first noticed this... no return email? Did he contact you back?

Posted Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 10:04 pm
Yes i had an answer 10 min after posting lol

Posted Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 11:11 pm
I guess being on the "Support Team" vs just a regular user has more pull... well, good... When an update occurs, would you post it in this thread? I've got it monitored and would love to use this feature. It should be noted, however, that in switching between these freeframe FX, VDJ will crash (or did in 3.3, I haven't checked in 3.4).

Posted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 2:43 pm
the up Link that have freeframes, works nice, i haven't tryit yet but i'm on it

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 7:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ooo cool!

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 11:15 am
I have a problem When I use the live feed, either the first or second, they both show up upside-down and reversed. So if I'm in front of the camera when I turn it on, i'm upside-down. an later crash all the program and i have to control + alt + supr to end the program, wut is going on?

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 3:33 am
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 1:31 pm
We know this problem and i even asked the author to correct it but i'm still waiting for it

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 12:54 am
azizanHome userMember since 2006
woow nice

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)