Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Whats the "booth" connection on a mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Whats the "booth" connection on a mixer?

I never use it...

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 10:21 pm
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
its a separate controllable line output of a mixer and it is used to be connected to a separate amplifier (no eq's, no compressors etc) and at last, to connect the speakers of your booth only! in order for the dj to hear final output unfiltered (no delays etc)hope that helped

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:02 pm
You typically need a booth output on the mixer for a booth speaker, or monitor as we call it. When you are DJing at the club, the main speakers on the dancefloor are useless for mixing since the delay is too much to compensate for at most clubs, unless you're right on top of the dance floor. It's also nice to be able to turn your personal booth volume up or down without affecting the mains. It's almost guaranteed that you will need a mixer with a seperate booth and main (at least), for most clubs.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:18 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks, I know exactly what it is now :)

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 4:11 am
my booth and floor are my bedroom, lol
-gauge
"i'm patiently waiting for a plane to fly home..."

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 11:30 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can also use the booth line out to record mixes if you're using an external mixer. The booth out goes back into the soundcard to record.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 4:43 pm
The usefullness of the booth out for recording depends on the mixer. Some booth outputs dont route the microphone audio to the booth, which is nice because if I am recording my mix, I don't want my crowd hyping drops to ruin my mixtape,.. but then again I guess sometimes you would.

Posted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 8:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)