Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Quick jump in song browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's a little difficult to describe what I'm looking for, but here I go.

It would be nice to have a little button in to the side of the browser, possibly at the top of the scroll slider so that when you hit the button, it will advance down to the section of the browser's song list where songs of the same tempo reside.
Example: I am playing a song that is 130BPM. I click the BPM heading to sort the music by BPM because I want to look at what other songs may be similar in tempo to get ideas what to mix next or to stick in the playlist, however, the browser is now sitting at songs that are 50BPM. I can drag the scrollbar down, but that is frustratingly jumpy especially when you have over 50,000 songs. I can continually click below the scroll bar until I get where I want to be. Either way is cumbersome and time consuming. I would like to be able to click a little button that would bring me right to the vicinity of the currently playing song.

Of course this assumes the browser is sorted in BPM order, and if not, then I guess it can jump to where the current song would be in whatever order the list was most recently sorted (by title, artist, comment, etc.)

Would anyone else find this useful?
How likely would it be to get a feature like this?

Posted Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 4:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)