Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Time Square celebration for new years eve

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I live in California and I have a gig on new years eve. I want to be able to show the time square thingy to have the countdown to midnight and all the fireworks and everything, but I won't have access to a TV and wouldn't be able to hook that up to the projector anyways. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get it in digital format somehow between midnight on the east coast and midnight here? So far the only way I can think of is to have someone on the east coast do it for me and send it to someone that can bring it to me while I'm doing the gig. Only problem is, I don't know of any (reliable) people who live on the east coast who have the means to do it. Can anyone help?

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 8:54 pm
Apparently it's going to be streamed over the internet at http://msnvideo.com/newyears starting 6 pm EST. All I need is starting the last five minutes or so up through the countdown and the fireworks. It might be difficult because the countdown is right when my gig starts, but I can probably find someone to do it for me.

Thanks guys

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:32 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
heh good luck to you man!

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:46 pm
Thanks. I know that I could do it easily, I just have to get someone that I trust to be able to do it and then bring it to me during the gig.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else doing anything similar?

Posted Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 10:48 pm
Yes Steven we do the same thing. I am also in Ca. I record the Time Square countdown and then I download it to mp3 and play it at my set. Hit me up on private message and I will give you a link to the mp3 that will be created when the time comes. You can count on me, since my stuff works. Always.

Posted Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 1:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)