Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Queing up song with Numark CM200 USB

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to listen to the song I have in Que other then the one that is currently playing? I'm only able to listen to the song that is playing?

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:02 pm
the Numark usb have 2 x line in, and shows up in Windows as 2 different usb soundcards? right?

If so, make sure you set that up in Vitual DJ as well, and use the sound to 2 different channels at the usb mixer. Should be a cue button for each channel to prelisten.

But I'm not 100% sure how the usb mixer works...

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:05 pm
ok.. checked

"The CM200USB includes two USB audio devices built into the mixer allowing the user to utilizing their computer music files without the need of drivers or sound cards. Two USB ports are included so you can take advantage of the multiple sound card feature found in most DJ mixing software."

thats what you need to do :)

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:08 pm
Yup, that worked.

Is there a way to set the audio levels within the software any higher? I have to have the mixer and master volume cranked on the mixer in order to get some half way decent sound. I have the gain levels and master setting as high as they will go? It's not the amp since I'm using a QSC 2450.

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:34 pm
In Virtual DJ configuration settins, set the value for AUTO GAIN to "alwayz zero"

That will give you sound-output almost at the level of a regular cdplayer.

You might also check the windows soundcard configuration, for both the 2 USB soundcards (for the external mixer), and make sure they are set all the way to highest level.

If so, the level is what it should be.

And your gain at mixer should not need to be adjusted much for good sound :)

hope that helps

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 10:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)