Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Double-Sided TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think one side should be the "Needle Drop" side, like it is right now, and the other side should be "Continuous." This means that each groove is its own circle, instead of being part of a spiral, so that no matter where you put the stylus, it will never make its way to the center of the record.

I never use needle drop when I mix, and I sometimes mix long songs or use beatloops, and it would be nice not to worry about the needle getting to the end of the record.

It would also be nice for a track to start playing from the beginning no matter where I drop the needle, instead of having to wait for the start of the TCV. Perhaps this could be a setting in VDJ that I could use.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 6:40 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it would be nice to never have to worry about the disk finnishing. im allways going nuts at vdj for not reacting when im doing something with a dsik that i havent noticed has ended lol. but still i think 12 mins is ample time and seeing as you can lift the needle up any time you want (with a shotcut) you can have full vinyl controll for as long as you need. i would love it if they could do a final scratch and give you the option of auto TCV bypass on 'needle up' so the song would just keep playing so you could move it back to the start whenever you needed to and if it skiped it wouldnt jump it would just bypass TCV untill the signal was stable again. naturaly if you wanted to use needle drop this wouldnt be very useful but i dont think anyone actualy that do they?

if you want the song to start playing from the beginging all you have to do is press S then P and the song will play from wherever it is.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)