Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SoundCard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

heyyyy ppl...well ive been intested in gettin vdj and sum dj equipment...but one thing i wanna kno..wat would be a good sound card to get...cuz mine is sooo old lol...by the way i live in toronto, canada...ne one live in this area??? hahaha

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:12 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey DJ X-Tract

It really depends on what you want to do. If you want to just use VDJ from your pc with a mouse and keyboard, and maybe a mixer, then (at least) a 4.1 channel s/card will do. If you're gonna invest in some TCV's, XP10's or anything like that, then you'll need something a bit more sophisticated.

The favourite amongst the VDJ'ers seems to be the Maya 44 USB s/card. If you search for it in the hardware section, you're sure to find some threads on it.

Incidentally, I don't use it myself, but I use a 5.1 channel soundblaster live! card, and i go from pc to mixer.

Like I say, i really depends on what your setup is.

In any case, you won't be able to get the full benefits of the program and the new soundcard for that matter if you don't purchase the full version of VDJ, which you can do here: www.virtualdj.com/purchase or, if you have already done so, please update your serial number and just for good measure, create a blog about yourself...:o)

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

Hope to see you as a full user soon.

P

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:17 am
For my desktop (DJ RIG) I'm using the Delta 44 (PCI CARD) Works great with VDJ and sounds great. If you want to record your mixes, you will find theis card an exeptional value at $150.

For my VIAO Laptop, I'm using the INDIGO DJ (PCMCIA CARD) Great value,

AND for the finest USB card: the Maya44 USB.

Jose

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 5:28 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why thank you acw_dj...:o)

Perhaps one day i'll be graced with an extra star...hahahahaha...:o)

P

Posted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)