Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Final output DSP effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry if this has already been mentioned..

It would be very useful to have a final output effect plugin, like the 3 effects per channel, but one that effects the live output on a perminant basis.

I have a specific need for this to extract the audio data and control some lights, but I can see a lot of people using it with VST plugins to do bass boost, EQ, compression etc.

Wouldn't have thought this would be too tricky as the API for DSP plugins is already there..

Posted Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 8:56 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes this would be BO mate, propper topper topper. other software does this BTW

Posted Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 2:50 am
deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, always seemed a bit strange that it's missing in vdj.

I suppose we might have been able to do it in the past by replacing the shoutcast plugin with something else - never tried it though.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 10:58 am
it would be cool if you could choose which channel aswell.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 12:24 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats if your using the internal mixer tho, if your using an external mixer and you jsut want to apply an effect to all outputs that would be quality. erm but has anyone tried scratching with say the vocal remover effect lol? its shocking, so im not sure if it would work at decent quality but id be glad if it does i think its a good idea!

lol and what do you mean choose which channel, the idea here is to have a global effect , weve allready got effects to work on one deck only. do i understand you>?

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 4:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)