Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New shortcuts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The following new shortcuts would be very useful:

loop_reloop - Jumps back to the beginning of the loop, allowing a stutter effect similar to loops on Numark CD players.

pitch_range - Lets you change the pitch range between those available (8%, 12%, 33%)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 4:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try your loop out shortcut, the latest loop stays in memory (after loop exit) and loop out does reloop !
About the pitch i suggest when the new algorithm is fixed to add a shortcut for the pitch range and also add an extreme 100% range for special effects (-100% stops the player) like in new hardware cd players.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 7:11 pm
Thanks for your reloop suggestion - I'll give that a try.

Also, a pitch range of 6% would be useful for MIDI controller users (This will give consistent +/- 0.1% adjustments.)

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 7:38 pm
I've tried your reloop suggestion but I can't get it to work correclty - After exiting the loop, pressing loop out will result in the song jumping back to the loop in, but the loop out position changes.

I need to be able to jump back to the loop in point while leaving the loop out unchanged (Allowing the loop to be stuttered similar to Numark CD players.)

My first attempt was to set a cue point and loop in simultaenously, then loop out to set the loop out and then goto cue (N) to reloop, but jumping to a cue point kills the loop.

My proposed loop_reloop shortcut action would leave loop in/out points unchanged and jump back to the beginning of the loop, leaving the loop intact.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 9:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes you have right, loop in point is retained but not loop out.
There is a trick, at least what i do, : i just quickly set a -fixed- loop after pressing loop_out.
I have shortcuts for 1,2,4,8 etc. loops. Pressing one of these shortcuts after the loop_out sets the loop length without changing the original loop in point.
So if you are quick enough you can re-create the same loop or variations, you just need to press 2 keys instead of one.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)