Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: PLEASE HELP NEED ICECAST PLUG IN

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

v2o777PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have been trying for weeks now to get an answer somewhere here. I need to find a plug in that will allow my VDJ to interface with My Icecast Server.

I know there is a section in the VDJ that calls for configuration but there seems to be no encoder plug in included - therefore I cannot make a connection with my server.

Please direct me to where I can find the proper Icecast Plug in for VDJ.

Thank you very much!

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 6:15 pm
FxBeatsHome userMember since 2005
google will help you. or... some p2p programs... btw

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 10:52 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You don't need plugin. All is integrated in VDJ

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 1:01 am
v2o777PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well if all is integrated into VDJ then why can I not get it to connect to my Icecast Server? I have configured several other programs to do so but cannot - no matter what I do get VDJ to connect to Ice Cast . It doesn't seem to be making a mount point which is needed to connect! All the fields are filled in correctly and it still will not connect to the server! Other VDJ users have tried to help as well and their versions do NOT connect. PLEASE i need to connect to this server. All the information is correct.

It will NOT interface with my Icecast Server. There seems to be an encoder missing.

I really need an answer to this and have been asking for weeks now.

There is something missing! If someone here is actually able to connect to Icecast I would like to know how?

PLeasee tell me every field and what type of information should go in it.
I know IP address, port number password is correct. WHAT SHOULD GO IN NAME FIELD? Should it me My USER NAME on the server? (which doesn't work in icecast) Should it be the NAME of the stream I am creating to create a mount point (which also doesn't work)

I really need help here. In depth help.

Any would be appreciated very much!

Thank you in advance.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 11:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes i have just remembered the problem with the mount point and i have no information if now it works or not. You should write the support for that. Explain them that VDJ doesn't create a mount point when broadcasting whith icecast

Posted Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 9:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)