Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to scratch with the mouse

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi all u djs out there... im a novixce dj and id just like to know how to do a simple and more complicated scratch with the mouse on vdj. ive got version 3.2 if that helps.
thanks

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 2:59 pm
Just drag the disc with the mouse or drag the waveform.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 4:23 pm
Well I think the most effective mouse scratching is done with the keyboard and the mouse. I think the keyboard is mapped to the crossfader. Gauge will weigh in I'm sure. He seems to be the expert on this.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 4:45 pm
lol i'm no proffesional by any means.

here's what i do...

i use keyboard shortcuts to control behavior of the crossfader. i use the mouse to manipulate the movement of the record.

thats pretty much it, just lots of practice!

any questions feel free to ask

-gauge

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 8:30 pm
Gauge, do you adjust the sensitivity of the mouse in control panel? I would think you would have to de-sensitise it, otherwise an inch movement in the mouse would move the track all over the place. Unlike vinyl, where an inch of movement isn't much sound at all.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 9:06 pm
no i dont adjust sensitivity. i've just gotten used to how much movement is needed for what i want to do with the sample. if adjusted now it woulod throw me al off. lol

it does take very little movent of the mouse but with some practice you can get some pretty decent sounds out of it.

-gauge

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)