Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The 'guy' at the top.. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

OK, so you re-design.. looks improve for sure.. forum still rather clunky and slugish IMO.. but hey you cannot have it all..

But who the hck though of putting this rather annoying young man on the top of each page..

This image bugs the hell out of me to the point of being irritating.. Can it be changed or turned off at least on all but the toplevel of the forum please?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:26 am
Quit being a hater. I'm pretty sure there's another reason why you're here at the forums.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:41 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's a matter of taste..

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:23 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Maybe make the picture smaller to not attract our attention.
(I'm not fan of "happy" faces in webpages either...)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:41 am
doesnt look too happy to me, maybe slightly amused.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 6:31 am
He is kinda sayin "Hey, buy this product and I'll throw in a free tube of hair gel." .... who cares. VDJ still rules!

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 6:34 am
lmao @ gary coleman, wouldnt that be great, he could by laying down on a hercules dj console, and you could still see it!!

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 6:36 am
Mantahoe;

You seem to have me all figured out... NOT

I am here because I have an interest in VDJ, it' son my systems and I actually use it frequently, just not for gigs right now, unless I can/must or feel the need to do video..

The forum is rather sluggish, it also started to spontaneous jump between languages again. And it is not my system or Inet connection..

I feel I am also free to both help people out when I can and comment on thing that bother me. The 'look at me being cool with a one day beard and headphones' picture just is too present for my taste and I should be able to comment without people making more of it that it is, a a comment.

And just to be completely clear; I am not here to do anything but stay in touch with all things VDJ and will not go off-topic unprovoked..

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 10:10 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

A similar discussion happened on the french forum. Here is a bit of info:

- lej78480 (jerem) was the first to guess who the dude is. It's DJ Style, co-producer of two of the tracks embedded in VDJ's mp3 folder. Apparently he's been around various trade shows (paris SIEL, london...).

- most don't lile the dramatic "pretty boy follows me with his eyes" picture and would rather see him actually in the act of using VDJ instead of just looking good in his Versace clothes

- even more would rather see another type of picture up there. For example, dj-in-norway's excellent wallpaper ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=433 ) was proposed (ok, by me), or DJ Flora Deephallow ( http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Marius%20le%20malin/ ). :P

- besides the pic, the main complaint about the new look is the somewhat agressive white background, which apparently tires the eyes after a while. (I think it might already have been toned down. Personally, it's fine on my LCD). Also, people would like to seea direct link to the VDJ Radio instead of having it down the Community menu...

However, most agree that the new look of the site is a welcome change and that the new navigation menus improves the browsing experience dramatically.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 10:18 am
and he's got cheap headphones lol

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 10:41 am
Hey bambi thanks for that..
I personaly think its not too bad.. it contrasts with the rest of the colours in the site.
Haha but then again if you look at his eyes, they do tend to follow you.
So i think the new sites great, looks cool, clean and 'fresh'. But still like the website for an awsome piece of Djing software.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 10:43 am

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:27 am
A nice young lady in a bikinni would be much more easy on the eye.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:52 am
Maybe we could solicit Victoria's Secret for a banner add.........now that would be cool.

If they want they could use my blog picture, I would be honored.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:20 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Geeze Paul, just once post something positive.

I notice it's a little slow loading up the main index page backward or forward, yes.
And it has it's moments when 10,000 users are all on at the same time, but that will slow down any server as you know.
I really don't know what you are talking about with respect to the languages, and nobody has responded in the same way.
Can you clarify?

Donda wuddie, bee appy mon.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:25 pm
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sluggish? i havent noticed that at all...

and I think the new design is sweet! very swish!

and the guy at the top? whats wrong with that?

maybe if it was a woman you wouldnt have a problem? (not saying i prefer it being a guy!)

but just a point, if it was a girl, there wouldnt be a problem ;)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:31 pm
offtopic but:

@paulheu: probably you are behind a proxy (even you don't know it) some ISP have transparent proxies and probably this is the case of changing the language. Also did you try another browser than the one you are using. I don't have any problems with Internet Explorer (i know it's not blah blah.... but servers me good) or probably the webdevs donn't like you and they put a nasty script sp[ecially for you :-) (but i don't think this is the case)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 1:31 pm
we made a script spesially for Dj Decks promoters ;) loool.... .

No, just kiddig... ;) now, leave paul alone....hehe... its prefectly allowed to own and like more than one dj software ;)

I too have a slow forum now... will talk to webmaster about it...
Luckily it stays in english all the time :) hehe.....

Mierda, porque esta todo en espanol?!?!?!? :) hehe

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:10 pm
"¡No hablo español, oh mi dios, yo estoy hablando español!"

quote from one good movie (i forgot the name but it was somenthing like agreement with the devil)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:44 pm
hehe ;)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:56 pm
87%