Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Needles For Time Coded Vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey
I'm wondering if their are certain needles that are better for Time Coded Vinyl. I have Virtual DJ
and 2 Techs....i'm due for some new carts and haven't been able to find any info on this.
Are some better than others? Does it matter?
Thanks

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 2:52 pm
Well it does matter a bit for the needles. Try to pick up needles with better tracking since the sound quality will matter very little.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:08 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've tried several before settling on the industry standart Shure M44-7: they have a high-voltage output, incredible tracking, and especially you hardly hear the unwanted TCV noise (some cartridges actually produce a quite loud siren sound from the rubbing of the stylus on the TCV, that is even with your amp turned off, the physical contact of the stylus on the TCV is loud)

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:48 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I use Sure SC35C to scratch and TCVs and Stanton 681 EEE II-S for my music vinyls.

The better is to buy your FULL license to get more info (and samples, effects, full access in the forums too) that is only available for Full VirtualDJ registered Users.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 6:22 am
apopsisPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
3 recommendations from me,
depending on how important is to play regural vinyls vs TCV

Shure M44-7
-Industry standard for best tracking, but not so good sound quality.

Stanton 500AL
-best value for money, acceptable tracking and sound.

Shure Whitelabel
-expensive, good tracking best sound quality.

My choice now is M44-7, because of their skip resistance (and i dont play so much regular vinyls now). They have also a big advantage: very low record wear, very important if you play with 2 TCV's

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:18 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Don't forget that whatever Needle you have for the TCVs, the Professional Version of VDJ will work much better than a cracked version.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 5:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)