Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Probably the most overlooked feature of Virtual DJ, with great possibilies... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just want to make a little post to new and old users, about the amazing world of VST effects...

There are tons of them, from great free effects to awesome profesionall effetcs (cost some)

The impact of VST's are probably the feature of Virtual DJ most users overlook...

Here is a snapshot of me using the AMAZING effect called "SupaPhaser"... no VDJ effect ever sounded as good as this one! :)

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 12:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think I know how but maybe for everyone's benefit...where do you get them/how do you use them? Thanks.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 3:22 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm new to this. What does it actually do?

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:30 pm
How do you access this? I would love to try it out.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 5:16 pm
you use them just as you use Virtual DJ effects...

Its a DLL file that goes into the EFFECT folder of Virtual DJ :)

Some VST's have a graphic part included in the DLL files, so it will look as above, if you want it to show, or you can just use the sliders in Virtual DJ, just as any other sound effect.

More about VST's here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/33/VST.html

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 5:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well Done DJ-in-Norway, it's about time VST's were brought to the attention of the many and not just the few! :).

VDJ's effects wouldn't be the same without the addition of some good VST effects. You'll find some great flangers, filters and phazers etc.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 5:37 pm
Some very good free VST plugins:
http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

also check their gold series for an awsome compressor

Then there is the wondermachine which is Spectralive2, it will breath new life into some dull old classic tracks (or your main mix :) )

There's also some very cool VST stackers which will allow you to build a virtual FX rack with multiple VSTs on one signal chain..

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 11:47 pm
DJinNorway,

Can you give us a sample (sound file) of what that effect sounds like? Thanks.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 5:13 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'll have to try some

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 5:31 am

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 4:08 pm
and its pure fun when you hit jackpot like this....

ONE simple effect-plugin, one simple DLL file.... and ALL THESE OPTIONS IN ONE! ;)

Works GREAT in Virtual DJ!! (full version... the demo have intentional dropouts and sound delays)

Man I love VST!! ... this one have echo, flanger, pitch shift for karaoke... almost all you need

http://www.sfxmachine.com/

Posted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 11:23 pm
went there, checked the demo and plunked down the money.. :)

Oh and I alerted some mutual friends from belgium too.. giving credit where due..;)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:21 am

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 9:32 am
hehe... Good one paulheu ;) glad to hear the Dj Deck users can have the pleassure of this one too ;) '

@dandgrecords
WOW! seems like you have VST heaven on your setup ;)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:23 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
some unlicensed users can come with some crazy ish.

;)

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:23 pm

Posted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:23 pm
Plugins add a whole new dimension to all your mixes. From loops to Flangers. I personally can't live without them. Thanks Norway for reminding the users of this vital tool that VDJ offers...

MS

Posted Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 3:02 am
Interestingly, msPinky just released the first beta of her new VST plugin for vinyl control using msPinky vinyl to registered msPinky users. Works quite well and makes all the good stuff msPinky offers (the msPinky vinyl has some serious advantages over VDJ vinyl) available to any program with a VST interface..

I will see if I can prepare a sample video somewhere next week to show you guys what it can do..

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 11:52 am
and here Paul goes again.... ;) loool

First Decks, now Pinky....

Strange how much time and effort you are using to promote other software at this board..... :) Go nuts, prepare your sample video ...hehe...

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 12:44 pm
Well I think msPinky vinyl would be a very cool addition to VirtualDJ.. And don't worry, the sample video would be done using VDJ.. ;)

But seriously though, the quality of the VDJ TCV is one of the reasons why I currently don't use it much. msPinky is way better really.. And right now I can use msPinky TCV with VDJ which makes it a more viable option for me.. So you see I am trying to be constructive here, thanks for trusting me on that..

Posted Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 2:20 pm
69%