Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Additional Playlist info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

piashawHome userMember since 2005
Hi,

I'm trying to modify my friends skin to show additional fields as they are in a dance school and want to know the type of dance etc etc etc. The information is in the id3 tags. I don't want to use the comment field as i want to be able to sort on all the various fields easily in the Browser windows. They really like the pitch facility etc in VDJ and it's ease of use which is why they bought it BUT unless it is the usual person doing teh mixing, they all have to refer to a seperate sheet of paper first (with all this info on) to see where the song they want is. I'm sure this could be simplified somehow!!

How can I do this? Do I need to somehow parse the information into the VDJ database or can I take it directly from the id3 tags? I've simplified the rest of the screen for them already but this browser window has got me completely stumped.

Thanks

Peter

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 12:26 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The fields in the skins's explorer cannot be enhenced. It is as it is and no way to add columns. What you can do is just to tweak a value in the registry, to switch some columns between. The registry key calls "columnorder" if I remember well...

Other thing you can do is to configure vdj to show the mp3 id3tag...

That's all folks.

ƒяμﺄτ

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:33 pm
piashawHome userMember since 2005
Thanks for that.

A bit of a bummer.......

Sorry took so long to reply but I had expected emial notification of reply.

I couldn't find teh registry entry you were talking about. I then looked for VirtualDJ but couldn't find anything which seemed to show column sorting or anything in the registry entry.

Vdj only shows No id3, Title id3 or Title and comment from id3, Unfortunately one cannot choose all of the tags as one wants

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)