Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: software to catalogue music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi gang:
is there a software that will catalogue all my mp3's so i can find it instantly by typing in the artist or song title
thanks in advance
dk

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:11 pm
Yes there is: Virtual DJ.
Scan your hard disks, cd's and dvd's with mp3 files. After this you could use the search in VDJ ;-)
I also use Music audio collection (Mac) for indexing my music collection. Mac is freeware and could be found with google.
Ewout

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:21 pm
DJBorgHome userMember since 2006
I am developing software that will read all the songs on your hard drive (MP3 and mpeg), read the Virtual DJ XML, Playlists and history files, read the PCDJ XML files and allow you to print them in a variety of reports.

http://djprinter.alaskaborg.com

I have had clients ask me "What Music Do You Have?" I have more than 20,000 on my hard drive - where do I start!
There have been times that I get new Promo Only and Street Tracks, rip them to the hard drive and then something comes up (Kid problem or honey-do list item) and I forget to add the new songs to my music folder for VDJ and / or PCDJ.

Some of my D.J. associates here report to Record Pools and labels, some have mix shows on the radio and need to report the music they play - including me (Classic Soul on KNBA 90.3 FM, Anchorage knba.org)

The one request that got this off the ground was creating a list of the songs played at a wedding reception and putting the bride and groom's picture as a watermark in the background of the report and their name on the top of the page. Then giving this to the newlyweds as a pdf so they could send it to their friends and family. That was a hit!

I have the site up that describe the program and will publish a beta that will be good until December 1, 2006. That beta will be posted Monday Night Pacific Time (USA) for all to download and test.

I need to finish the help file so you will know how to use it.

The program's main purpose is to create reports from the hard drive scans and reading the database files that Virtual DJ and PCDJ creates but it will do some file management stuff after November... maybe.

If you would like to test the program please download it from my site Monday night and let me know what you think by posting here or sending email to --@--.--

I'm working on importing the history file and getting that right. I think the XML and playlists are working pretty good now.

The reports are basic right now and I will refine them last in the order of things on my to-do list. I want to make sure that the files are being imported correctly and the program can catch most errors.

Then I will add some stock reports and will have a featuer that will allow you to download free report styles every month or so.

Remember that the current link doesn't have anything right now, you can download the old help file but the new files will be ready Monday, Oct. 9

I hope you like it!

DJ Rico
AlaskaBorg BeatMix Collective
Anchorage, Alaska

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry DJBorg no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 1:05 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Cd Catalog Expert is a good one.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 6:17 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
WhereIsIt - a true winner for all media.

Posted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 8:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)