Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 3ivx .avi Video's Won't Play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is it possible to get 3ivx .avi video's to play? I have used "#1 DVD Ripper SE" to make them, but I can't get Vitrual Dj to play them. I hear sound, but just a blank screen. Any ideas?

I've installed "ffdshow-20051128.zip" codec aswell as the 3ivx codec, uninstalled and installed again, but still nothing.

if 3ivx won't work. What format should I be ripping my video's to? I know lots of people like VOB's, but they take up alot of hard drive space and the one's I have handy won't play in Virtual Dj either and I can't figure that one out ?

Cheers.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 11:21 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In the config of VDJ go to the extensions tab and change the .avi extension setting to use the Windows Media Player. Also, unless you need the other codecs from ffdshow DO NOT load it. Only load the 3ivx codec.

Hope this helps.
cstoll

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:23 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
AWSOME!
It worked. Thank you so much. You have saved me hours of time re-ripping about 200 DVD's :D Takes bloody ages, but it's worth it to get smaller file sizes.

I can now more than half the file size of a VOB file and still get the same quality, ready to put on the hard drive and take out on the laptop for gig's 3ivx is great been using winamp on two laptops to play music video until I found out Virtual DJ did video.

:D Cheers! (X Final Scratch user).

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)