Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multiple lines in video text

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe I was the only one who couldn't figure this out, but in case this might help someone else, here's a tip on how to get multiple lines of video text in VDJ's video display.

Bring up notepad or wordpad and type in your mesage on separate lines as you would liek it to appear on the screen. It's best to do this in Wordpad with centering turned on so you can see exactly how it will look.
Then just highlight and copy (cntrl-C) the text and paste it (cntrl-V) into VDJ's text entry window. It will automatically center and should size itself optimally, though you can still resize and reposition it in VDJ; best of all though, it will keep the line breaks.

If there is another easier way to do this I would be happy (though probably embarrassed) to hear about it.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 4:59 pm
The easier way is to type one line and press ctrl-enter to go to the next line ;)

Posted Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 8:32 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There's no need to open up Notepad.

Type the same way you type multiple lines when chatting on MSN messenger.
Shift + Return key does it for me.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:22 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the info guys!

I had tried 'shift-return' thinking it worked like some other text entry programs, but strangely, that doesn't work on either of my computers for VDJ.
However, "cntrl-return' does work. I hadn't tried that one. Much more convenient than wordpad!

I thought I was giving some useful info, and ended up receiving even more valuable info... I love this forum!

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 3:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)